At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Forensic Data Analytics team is a global group of technical specialists that practice the full life cycle of data management from the early stages of data scoping and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. The nature of our work typically requires working with large datasets from disparate data sources to support fraud investigations and dispute services for our clients covering a range of industries. This is achieved by combining deep forensic investigation knowledge with advanced data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, exploratory and descriptive analysis, social network analysis and predictive modeling.
- The rapidly growing Forensics team within the Fraud Investigation department is currently seeking suitable candidates for an excellent career opportunity in the Forensic Data Analytics (“FDA”) team
- This team represents a critical component in EY’s Forensics growth strategy and is where most of the innovative early thinking in Fraud Investigation ecosystem takes place
- You will have a unique, career changing opportunity to play a key role in the growth and strategy of the FDA group
Your key responsibilities
- Working on client engagement teams in carrying out both reactive and proactive data analysis of large volumes of structured and unstructured data involving a wide range of database management systems and financial platforms
- Working with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sensitive and sometimes adversarial situations
- Working in our specialized forensic technology labs and onsite, to help clients leverage knowledge from their data through the application of advanced analytics
- Supporting the development of new FDA tools and solutions, by understanding the state-of-the-art methods, customizing them to the FDA needs, and making them ready for production
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree (Bachelor or Master) in all fields related to Computer Science
- Experience with SQL or similar database query languages
- Strong problem solving, analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills
- Consulting-oriented mindset, flexibility and “can-do” approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (German is a plus)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience with Python, R, Ruby scripting or other programming languages
- Solid knowledge of IT environments, networking, server architecture and IT security
- Experience in collecting, processing and analyzing large volumes of unstructured and structured data
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques such as (un)supervised clustering, SVMs, or deep learning
- Practical experience in a similar type of work
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Continuous personal development with a steep learning curve – a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make the next step and apply for this position online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (email@example.com / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.