UNILEVER IS LOOKING FOR A PRODUCT DATA MANAGEMENT SCIENTIST
Location: Weena, Rotterdam
Local conditions apply
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home Care, Personal Care and Refreshment products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 161,000 employees. Over half (58%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Knorr, Dove, Hellmann's, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry's, Marmite, Unox, Magnum and The Vegetarian Butcher.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Product Data Management (PDM) is a global digital transformation programme with a clear objective: to design and implement new integrated and efficient ways for Marketing, Artwork Excellence, R&D and Supply Chain to manage end-to-end product data. PDM is a €51m/pa opportunity which will fuel future growth through: Speed, Foundation For Digital Agenda, Employee Experience & Consumer Impact.
To meet it’s objective, PDM is introducing CARA (Content Authoring Reuse and Assembly). CARA is a new user-centric digital platform which will integrate with our existing systems within the PDM eco-system to provide one source of the truth for product data. This will enable speedier CHANGE & REUSABILITY of product data, helping our teams to be more agile when communicating to consumers, using the right information! For our Data & Insights capabilities we are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team !
- Data Readiness & Quality – Ensure the PDM Data is at the expected level of quality in terms of availability , completeness & accuracy. Work with the functional data leads and install a governance & maintenance process to keep the data quality standards at the expected level. Apply the Data Quality standards and principles from the Enterprise Data Quality Workstream. (DQI) Execute the Data Collection for each CARA release OTIF as per agreed plan and Deliver High qualitative data sets for UAT. Ensure a smooth Data Migration where applicable Install a data flow monitoring & Data Validation Framework across the key integrations.
- KPI’s & Reporting – Deliver the PDM KPI’s & Reporting Roadmap as per Deployment Plan. Develop & Visualize KPI’s and Dashboards (Project Tracking, User Adoption, Performance Monitoring). Deliver complete & qualitative Data in the reporting repository to ensure high qualitative reporting. Follow the key principles One version of the truth, Data stored & maintained at the right source.
- Data & Insights - you will be responsible for transforming the PDM data into valuable insights which provide very clear direction to the stakeholders & Leads on what actions are needed (E.g. Program Benefit Progress Tracking). You will be analyzing/mining a wide range of cross functional data both structured & unstructured. You will work with Change, Strategy & Cross Functional teams to identify and prioritize the right actionable and high impact insights across the program. Make Data a True asset. Better data and data science access in every part of the program and function. World Class Information - One Version of the facts - Excellence in delivery of diagnostics and insights to focus attention when and where it matters.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- 3+ years’ experience in Data & Analytics, Data Science
- Data Analytics – You know how ability to gather, analyse and evaluate a variety of data sets to apply to a people/business problem and generate insights. Considers the context behind various data sets. Comes up with a plan how to present the data to readers/audience ensuring numbers are easy to digest and clear description on the insights generated. Make Data a True
- Data Science – you have experience in using scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data.
- Data Literacy – You are able to read, write and communicate data in context, including an understanding of data sources and constructs, analytical methods and techniques applied - and the ability to describe the use case, application and resulting value.
- Data Visualisation – You are able to present and communicate often complex/vast data sets, insights and analysis in an engaging and visual way to help stakeholders of any function or seniority grasp the information quicker
- Data Architecture & Engineering
- Storytelling - You have ability to transform data into insights which provide very clear direction to stakeholders on what actions are needed to drive transformation in the business.
- Critical & Design Thinking – you have the ability to understand a situation, disaggregating it in small parts or identifying its implications step by step, as well as detecting new opportunities. Anticipates obstacles and plans the next steps, while having the ability to manage risks with intelligence aiming for fast and good business results
- Strong business and analytical acumen
- Ability to collaborate with and influence internal stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Passionate about data and a strategic thinker that can balance data and insights with big picture thinking
- You are able to organise yourself and others well
- Resilient, creative and resourceful when faced with issues or constraints.
- Have a Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Able to work with ambiguity and detail
- Able to build relationships, to interact and collaborate with colleagues who may have different priorities and agendas.
- Enjoys, and can flex and thrive in situations with a high degree of uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR UNILEVER?
- Attractive total remuneration package; excellent company pension, bonus, share scheme
- Flexible cross-disciplinary career opportunities and a wealth of training opportunities & wellbeing resources whenever and wherever
- Plenty of company-paid holidays to further ensure your work-life balance is maintained
- We encourage an inclusive culture, which comes to life with interchangeable public holidays, paid paternity leave of 6 weeks and our transgender policy
- At the moment, we work from home. We will ensure you are well equipped for this. Once back to work, you can enjoy our tasty canteen with food prepped with own products
- Informal culture and being the first one trying our new products
Join Unilever and our team! To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV and a motivation letter. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Unilever is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please note this is a Direct Search led by Unilever. Applications from agencies will not be accepted, nor will fees be paid for unsolicited CVs.