Position Objective: The purpose of this position is to provide quantitative direction and expertise through predictive analytics and ultimately prescriptive analytics to management in the analysis of pricing, forecasting, information support, business analysis and the systems with which these functions can be achieved.
- Regularly interact with leadership, customers and key stakeholders to deliver on the SDG customer value proposition
- To work closely with the marketing and commercial sales leaders to achieve financial goals
- Integrate internal and external resources for development of divisional and business unit specific predictive & prescriptive analytical models focusing Sub-Saharan Africa markets.
- Liaise closely with resources and stakeholders within the SDG organization both locally and internationally to ensure that plans are implemented and KPI’s are met.
- Work closely with marketing leadership to report on commitments made as a result of annual AOP planning and manage commercial activities to meet these.
- Provide an understanding to develop conceptual and machine learning (ML) models of international business trends and marketplace dynamics.
- Assisting with current marketing strategies
- Coming up with creative ways to improve current strategies and implement new ones
- Assisting with the planning and running of programs
Revenue & Budget Responsibility:
- Works in close association with local Sub-Saharan Africa marketing and commercial teams to deliver regional revenue targets.
Strategy Development & Regional Representation for Business:
- Work closely with marketing team, commercial managers and channel partner manager within SSA to further develop opportunities for PCT license partners, distributors (channel partners) and direct customers within the responsible geographical area to increase market share.
- Aim to develop cross divisional collaboration to identify and leverage opportunities for all Thermo Fisher Scientific products to drive growth for the whole business entity.
- Reviews best practice, identifies strong performances in region and makes recommendations that will increase the impact of marketing activities in the region.
- Providing input on opportunities, product positioning and value proposition in the market for new and existing products.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in marketing, data science, business analytics or the equivalent education and experience are required. Advantageous: Advanced degree in Data Science and/or Machine Learning (ML).
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Minimum 2- 3 years’ experience in experience in industry and/or academia in related field.
- Advantageous: Prior experience in developing advanced business analytics models for commercial use.
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrate excellence in English both oral and written.
- Able to operate both independently and within a team context, demonstrating initiative and sound business judgement.
- Show strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate negotiation skills
- Comfortable with complex multi-dimensional data and proficiency for creative and swift problem solving
- Strong people management skills
- Good communication skills
- Works in an office or home office environment.