You’ll bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities
Tesco has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but Tesco Bank is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As we look to build upon existing talent within our senior and specialist roles, we’re creating a backbone of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
A technical specialist using Data Science to develop, test and implement predictive models that deliver benefit to the business and the customer. Working in a project based environment to drive forward research with tangible benefits.
In this job, I am accountable for:
- Working in Agile projects, lead the build of predictive models, applying data science techniques to model customer behaviours which drive profit and loss signature to help inform business decisions.
- Engage with stakeholders to gather requirements of commercial and credit risk problems and translate into analytical solutions which ensure wider bank goals are achieved.
- Translate the output of complex analytical solutions to stakeholders into transparent and actionable business insight to gain buy-in to implement.
- Mentor junior Data Science colleagues and be an advocate for Data Science across the Customer Division.
- Keep abreast of Data Science innovation ensuring the techniques used are the most appropriate for the situation and the tools are best suited for the job. Be a knowledge point for queries regarding predictive analytics.
- Be innovative and think about solutions from a different perspective. Explore new sources of data, techniques and implementation routes.
- Feed into the Analytics Learning environment with continual development of new techniques
- Collaborate with other Data Scientists to deliver the best solutions to tackle Use Cases that will bring a step change to the business. Ensure that our models are built and used within a robust model governance framework.
- Provide support to the other areas of Analytics and the wider Customer division to enable them to meet objectives.
Experience relevant for this job:
- Experience of using data science and predictive modelling to tackle business problems, preferably in banking, commercial or credit risk.
- Background in maths/stats, computer science.
- Grasp of profit / loss drivers in retail banking and an understanding of credit risk principles and application.
- Working in a project environment with time bound deliverables
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.