he Dow Jones Customer Service (DJCS) mission is to provide great service for our customers and great experiences for our people.
Our team has the privilege of delivering impactful experiences by helping our customers access the trusted news and business information published and produced by our marquee brands including, The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Dow Jones Factiva and Dow Jones Risk & Compliance. You will find that we are a collaborative group, focused on delivering excellence during every customer interaction.
We encourage anyone that wants to join us in our mission to apply.
Based in: Princeton, NJ, Barcelona or Hong Kong (please note that there is one vacancy only)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Data AnalyticsKey Responsibilities
- The primary role of the Data Analyst is to develop and provide reporting and relevant management information to all areas of the business. This includes static and scheduled reporting and the analysis, evaluation and documentation of business requirements for new and existing reports and processes and challenge and improve the systems / processes currently in place.
- Support the Senior Manager, Data Analytics in delivery of their key responsibilities.
- Deliver Reports and Analysis within agreed Service Level Agreements
- Support stakeholders in the understanding and application of performance statistics
- Highlight trends to management
- Designing and developing timely, accurate and appropriate management information/business intelligence for distribution to internal stakeholders
- Update and maintain relevant working tools and materials
- Undertake quality control and accuracy checks/audits
- Monitor and report on performance against internal and external Service Level Agreements
- Maintain Management information systems – contribute to the design and implementation of operational management information systems
- Support Quality Management Information
- Develop Service Delivery Review packs
- Design, research and build presentations for Departmental managers to interface with the wider business
- Supporting projects by providing reports and analysis to measure the success of new initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, with proficiency in PivotTables, Macros and Charts
- Proficiency with Google Collaboration tools such as Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Word.
- Basic VBA programming skills
- Knowledge of SQL programming language and its function in data analysis
- Willingness to travel, expectation will be that this role may require some visits to each contact center
- Recognition that operational roles of this nature involve some element of weekend oversight, plus unscheduled incident and crisis management
- Advanced VBA programming skills
- Proficiency with creating basic SQL queries
- Intermediate knowledge of Data Visualization tools such as Google Looker Studio and Tableau
- Basic statistical analysis skills
- 1 - 2 years Contact Center operations experience
- Familiarity with digital experience trends and metrics
- Intermediate statistical analysis skills
- Familiarity with usage of Python and R for data analysis
- Familiarity with AWS and BigQuery
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - CUSTOMER SERVICE
Job Category: Data/Content GroupUnion Status
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view Find Jobs - Dow Jones. Thank you.
Req ID: 36160