Associate Data Engineer
We are looking for an Associate Data Engineer to aid in designing, implementing and maintaining modern cloud data platforms at scale, utilising both Google Cloud Platform and open source services. This is an opportunity to work with a world leader in data and machine learning technologies.
You’ll work alongside a great GCP Engineering team (Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Platform Engineers, Cloud Architects, Software Engineers), taking full ownership of your tasks and responsibilities, with opportunities to do back-end, front-end and infrastructure development.
You’ll work on projects for our extremely diverse customer base, ranging from public sector organisations, to retail, financial services, media and hospitality industries. Each customer has their own unique set of requirements and challenges to overcome. You can be sure no two projects would be the same.
Exposure to a wide variety of cutting edge technologies and software is a given in this fast paced and varied role.
Please note: this role is open to recent university graduates who have completed Computing/Computer Science related degrees, and are looking for an opportunity to enter the Cloud Computing industry.
For this role we are able to offer:
- Hybrid working - you can work from where you want, when you want.
- Flexible hours - we ask that you work during core hours (10-4) to help with collaboration, but outside of that you can work when suits you
- Where possible, use templates and encourage the use of repeatable materials.
- As part of a larger team, develop technical solutions from design documents
- Discuss approaches to data engineering and best practices with customers and colleagues
- Assist customers in understanding how cloud technology can help them grow and the benefits it offers
- Develop internal tooling and documentation to improve processes for the wider team and business
- A passion for all things technical, including but not limited to programming, data engineering, machine learning / AI, databases and data (big and small)
- Knowledge of, or exposure to at least one major cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Hands on experience of Linux (Debian, Redhat / CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Ability to explain data relationships and models
- Experience in using languages like Python, R and SQL, or another interesting language
- Experience using Git and/or related tooling
- Ability to think in abstract terms about the processes behind technical products
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (e.g. Pub/Sub, Dataflow, BigQuery, Dataproc, Composer etc.)
- Exposure to real time data ingestion / streaming data sources
- Hands on experience developing software and applications
- Experience of working in a project based environment/team
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or similar
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policy, unlimited paid holidays, regular opportunities to attain industry recognised training and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership). We've also recently announced our Work From Anywhere policy!
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require.
You could be based anywhere in the UK and work fully remote if that would be your preference. If you live close to one of our offices (Manchester, London & Edinburgh) you can choose to work from the office as often as you would like. There might be some occasional travel to the head office in Manchester and to customer sites in the UK.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at email@example.com for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 230 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.