Interset Software uses big data and advanced behavioral analytics to detect and prevent the theft of intellectual property...simply put...
WE CATCH BAD GUYS WITH MATH!!!
Part of the Micro Focus group of companies, we are a fast-paced, all hands on deck kind of environment where you are respected and listened to from day one. You will be part of a team that describes one another as “crazy smart, but normal in a good way”. We have a start-up feel within the stability and structure of a large global company.
We are looking for a recently graduated data science candidate with analytics and machine-learning models experience as an intern to be part of the Micro Focus Security, Risk, and Governance Solutions (SR&G) organization. Data scientists will be working with a team of technical and Cybersecurity domain experts on the development of scalable, real-time, and big data analytics solutions to address the emerging challenges in the Cybersecurity industry. The ideal candidate will want to be part of a team solving large, complex big data challenges and developing machine-learning models.
Responsibilities will include working with internal and external stakeholders, analyzing data to uncover high-quality Cybersecurity threat signals, then conceptualizing, designing, and proving solutions for emerging security and operations use cases and collaborating with R&D engineers to productize those solutions.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and analysts on a wide range of cybersecurity problems.
- Bring analytical and statistical methods to the challenges of measuring quality, improving security products, and understanding the behavior of end-users, computer systems, and network devices.
- Build innovative predictive analytics and data science solutions for a myriad of cybersecurity use cases.
- Think like an adversary.
- Identify and articulate risks and remediation in a relevant and approachable manner with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify data sources, collect, transform, and prepare large amounts of data for analysis.
- Develop tools to help the data collection process as needed.
- Use appropriate methods, tools, and algorithms to analyze data and create an implementation plan to address business problems.
- Validate the results of the data analysis to avoid errors.
- Interpret results and identify value from the results.
- Work with colleagues and customers, providing guidance on risks and limitations.
- Monitor and continuously improve the data sources, usability, and analytical results.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or similar quantitative field
- Experience in machine learning and data science projects
- Good understanding of the foundations of machine learning methods
- Advanced coding skills in R or Python
Must have skills include:
- Experience with machine learning methods, models and frameworks
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Experience with passive and active measurement techniques
- Experience with applying statistical modeling, machine learning, and data mining algorithms to business problems.
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry
- Experience big data analytics databases is a plus
- Knowledge of networking concepts, technologies and devices (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, and Load Balancers)
- Knowledge of network and related web protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, SSH, routing protocols)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Linux System knowledge as user and administrator
- Background in statistics
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status