- Contribute to the development and implementation of Myriad’s Enterprise Data Management strategy.
- Lead integrations with various enterprise applications to enable data availability and accessibility.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and data integration technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Analytics or equivalent.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in data management and/or business intelligence.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Advanced knowledge and best practices within ETLs, ELTs, and data integration patterns.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Strong background in Microsoft technology stack including: MS-SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS including C#), Microsoft Visual
- Studio (C# and Business Intelligence), Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SAP Data Services for ETL development
- Experience with Vertica database technologies
- Working knowledge of message queuing, micro-service integration, stream processing and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C#, etc.
- Experience with ticketing and collaboration tools such as: Jira, Confluence, Google Docs, and TFS.
- Experience with non-Microsoft database technologies including: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySq
Physical & Lifting Requirements
- Lifting Requirements – light work or exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
- Physical Requirements – stationary positioning, moving, operating, ascending/descending, communicating and observing.
- Use of equipment and tools necessary to perform essential job functions.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. In hiring and all other employment decisions, we prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.