TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
As a data engineer in the Data Platform E-Commerce team, you will have the opportunity to build, optimize and grow one of the largest data platforms in the world. You'll have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience on all kinds of systems in the data platform ecosystem. Your work will have a direct and huge impact on the company's core products as well as hundreds of millions of users.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team in 2023. As a graduate, you will get unparalleled opportunities for you to kickstart your career, pursue bold ideas and explore limitless growth opportunities. Co-create a future driven by your inspiration with TikTok.
Successful candidates must be able to commit to one of the following start dates below:
1. January 16, 2023
2. February 6, 2023
3. March 6, 2023
4. May 22, 2023
5. June 12, 2023
6. July 17, 2023
7. August 14, 2023
We will prioritize candidates who are able to commit to these start dates. Please state your availability and graduation date clearly in your resume.
Application deadline: February 15th, 2023
Candidates can apply to a maximum of two positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you apply. The application limit is applicable to all TikTok/ByteDance jobs globally. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis - we encourage you to apply early.
Candidates who pass resume evaluation will be invited to participate in TikTok's technical online assessment in HackerRank.
• Design and build data transformations efficiently and reliably for different purposes (e.g. reporting, growth analysis, multi-dimensional analysis);
• Design and implement reliable, scalable, robust and extensible big data systems that support core products and business;
• Establish solid design and best engineering practice for engineers as well as non-technical people.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent practical experience.
• Final year or recent graduate with a background in Software Development, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• Experience with coding in Java, Python, Scala, SQL.
• Experience with performing data analysis, data ingestion and data integration.
• Experience with ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Loading) and architecting data systems.
• Experience with schema design and data modeling.
• Experience in writing, analyzing and debugging SQL queries.
• Basic understanding of various Big Data technologies.
• Solid communication and collaboration skills.
• Passionate and self-motivated about technologies in the Big Data area.
• Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
• Demonstrated data science or quantitative analysis experience from previous internship, work experience, etc.
• Demonstrated experience handling terabyte size datasets, applying statistics and machine learning techniques and algorithms, using visualization tools to present data.
• Demonstrated success in leading data-driven projects from definition to execution, from defining metrics to communicating actionable insights.
• Understanding of deep learning, or distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop).
• Familiar with large data processing/storage tools such as Kafka, Flink, Spark, ElasticSearch, Redis, Hbase, Cassandra, Druid etc.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Accommodations-AMS@tiktok.com.