Job Category: Science
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: None
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: None
Type of Travel: None
More About The Program
The Foundation GEOINT Division of CACI, develops geospatial data products and advanced systems for the US Government, is seeking a highly talented data scientist to join our AI Research Team in our Denver, CO location supporting our Foundation GEOINT Division. The Foundation GEOINT Team performs many geospatial tasks to create high quality map products for the NGA and other government, commercial, and international customers. We use cutting edge research in modalities such as computer vision, natural language processing, and more to improve efficiencies and quality of the map products we create. Funded from both internal and government sources, there is a large variety of projects, each employing different AI techniques, that you can enjoy working on.
More About The Role
You will be a member of a team of passionate and collaborative researchers excited about developing novel capabilities that solve real problems the US government and others need our help with. Our team also submits many patents, and you will have opportunities to acquire patents with your ideas. You will participate in all aspects the data science process contributing ideas, performing data analysis, model design, implementing experiments (training & validation), as well as providing demonstrations of completed capabilities. As well as working with the entire Foundation GEOINT team you will also be a part of a team of over 20 data scientists that mentor each other.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- Must be a US Citizen as the position may require obtaining a US Security clearance.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related Engineering discipline
- Knowledge and practical experience using a variety of machine learning techniques, for example: linear regression, logistic regression, neural networks, support vector machines, anomaly detection, natural language processing, clustering and classification algorithms
- Experience with Python and modern deep learning frameworks, such as Keras, TensorFlow, pyTorch, caffe
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that can work with minimum supervision and has good team interaction skills
- Able to complete the projects they are given independently
- The ability to master the art of putting mathematical models into production
- Pride in building well-architected products and in preparing data correctly
- Avoidance of logical flaws in the model, doubts systems that perform too well
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- Basic understanding and practical experience with digital signal processing techniques
- Experience working within research and development (R&D) environments
- Experience working within Agile development teams leveraging DevOps methodology
- Experience working within cross-functional teams following a SCRUM/Sprint-based project execution
- Experience delivering software systems for DoD customers
- Experience with Esri suite of tools and geodatabases
- Knowledge of ArcMap and ArcCatalog (version 10.8 is preferred)
- Familiarity with ArcToolbox
- ArcPro proficiency
- Knowledge of Esri Maritime charting tools is a plus
- Topographic mapping / charting experience
What We Can Offer You
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
Pay Range: The proposed salary range for this position is $52,700-$105,400. There are a host of factors that can influence final salary including, but not limited to, geographic location, Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant prior work experience, specific skills and competencies, geographic location, education, and certifications. Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and learning and development opportunities. Our broad and competitive mix of benefits options is designed to support and protect employees and their families. Employment benefits include health and wellness programs, income protection, paid leave and, life insurance, retirement and savings.