We currently have a Regular Full-time opportunity for a Data Analyst in Trauma, located at the Bayview campus
Summary of Duties
- The incumbent will participate in data collection, patient tracking and chart reviews for the Trauma Quality Improvement Program as well as the Ontario Trauma Registry.
- Assignment of other required codes and scales. These include: CPT codes; ICD-10/external causes codes; Procedure codes; AIS 05 injury scaling
- Entry of patient data into a computerized relational database from information collected on standardized forms (500-800 fields).
- Generation of reports related to performance improvement and patient safety initiatives and statistical tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care related field or related post-secondary diploma in Health Information Management
- Demonstrated suitable knowledge of medical terminology, pathology, anatomy, surgical procedures, and medical diagnostic & interventional terminology required. A clinical test will be required
- Strong analytical capability with excellent attention to detail
- Minimum (2) years’ experience with healthcare-related databases and registries
- Computer competency with expert knowledge with Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel, and PowerPoint. A technical test is required for the prospective candidate
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Enthusiasm and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong people skills are required
- An excellent telephone manner and command of the English language is essential
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 201008 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.