At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. We are responsible for accommodation growth, with clear ownership of all marketing, product and supply related to accommodations. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and most varied selection of properties.
The Selection organization focuses on providing the best selection of accommodation options for every customer. We are committed to enable accommodation providers to attract and inspire our >100m active customers to stay with them. We do so by setting them up for success on our platform and help them optimise their performance on our platform, while we help customers to the best accommodation option for their trip.
As a Senior Data Analyst you will be working closely with the product teams and business stakeholders within the Selection organization up to the leadership team. You help them understand and steer their ongoing product development by leveraging extensive internal and external data sources through advanced analysis, guiding the Selection organization in making the right decisions.
You will be working in a team of Analysts and Data Scientists who cover a wide spectrum of topics. Some current examples: creating insights in which situations we need more supply, how limited choice of places to stay affects customer conversion, what is the most relevant supply, where in the world are the largest availability opportunities, or which partners to target with which opportunities.
- Work independently and be a reference to others in your craft on data collection and preparation, data visualization and data quality
- Use your past experience and independently translate business problems into data stories, i.e., hypotheses on opportunities to improve pricing
- Maintain, drive and spot opportunities for price actions as well as reports, metrics and workflows running within your scope
- Manage and communicate with stakeholders clearly and effectively on your own by using presentation and storytelling skills that adapt to different audiences.
- Communicates effectively, collaboratively and challenge constructively to create rapport and establish trust.
- Actively participate and drive business and/or analytics team activities and suggest ways of achieving objectives (standup, planning meeting, retrospectives)
- Network, proactively connect and coach craft peers beyond the team scope
- Use expertise on data analysis and visualization to answer business questions in the most efficient way
- Ensure scalability, reproducibility and long term orientation in the work you do
- Collaborate and be open to giving and receiving feedback with peers and direct stakeholders
- Flexible in proposing and spotting opportunities to apply new approaches and expanding their technical competencies and their peer’s when a more efficient way presents itself
- Able to spot opportunities to drive business growth your craft.
- Analytical and curious mindset
- Expertise and experience on data analysis.
- Expertise in data management, data visualization and quality.
- Expertise using data analysis and visualization tools (e.g: tableau, data studio, powerbi, mixpanel, etc)
- Expertise with at least one data analysis language (e.g: R, SQL, Python, etc)
- Awareness and experience working in an experimentation culture, process and results interpretation.
- Awareness of statistical models
- Driven and results oriented personality
- Open to feedback and always looking for ways to improve own performance
- Able to understand details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Open and friendly attitude
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.