Our client is actively searching for a Data Scientist or Data Analyst to join their team!
If you are a dynamic individual seeking a new career opportunity, read further!
To join the team at the Office of Data and Intelligence at the University with the collection, analysis, visualisation of data and presentation of analytical results for regular and ad-hoc reporting purposes to meet multiple information and strategic requirements of the various stakeholders of the university.The responsibilities of this role are:
The successful candidate will join a team of other data analysts and data scientists to engage in the following activities:
The ideal candidate will need to have the following qualities and experience:
- Research, collect, analyse and report on key indicators, for both regular and ad-hoc reporting purposes.
- Create detailed reports on data sources, methodology, analytical techniques, analytical results and insights for stakeholders.
- Develop visualizations and presentations for dissemination of analytical results and derivation of actionable insight.
- Identify and realize data use cases for strategic decisions and initiatives.
- Assist other units in the university with enhancing their data culture and capabilities.
- Program and develop depositories and system for accessing regular reports by key stakeholders.
All applicants' CV will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- At least a bachelor degree in quantitative disciplines (e.g. data analytics, business analytics, applied statistics or mathematics, operations research, finance, economics, etc) but higher qualifications (Master or PhD) is preferred.
- Proficient in one or more of the following techniques/methods: statistical and predictive modelling techniques, clustering and classification techniques, text analytics, simulation, and optimization methods.
- Proficient with one or more coding tool (such as Python, R, or MATLAB).
- Preferably with 2 years or more experience/exposure in quantitative fields of work.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a fast-paced environment