Summary of Role
The Data Office for WTW Investments is a central team that is responsible for sourcing, creation and maintenance of datasets which is fit-for-purpose, timely and accurate; with the objective to deliver on business outcomes such as trading, analytics, reporting and performance measurement. The team maintains the golden source of multiple datasets such as Instruments, Pricing, Counterparty, Client etc. and ensures the integrity of the data using data quality and standards frameworks.
The role requires the candidate to help support the business in delivering on specific projects and continuing to support BAU activities for the various datasets. The candidate will quickly build a robust understanding of our business structure and the information within it, while working with a diverse mix of investment professionals of different backgrounds and experience levels.
WTW Investments is a bespoke asset manager that provides investment services to some of the largest pensions, government, and insurance clients in the world. We manage about USD 180 billion AUM seeking to deliver lower risk and/or higher returns. We provide access to specialist asset classes such as alternatives, pooled funds, illiquid assets, credit, discrete income assets and equities by investing in capital markets or through specialist investment managers. Learn more at wtwco.com/en-GB/Solutions/investments.
- Create and maintain dataset across multiple platforms (ex:new clients, pricing, valuations and portfolio details) based on procedures and protocols
- Perform data quality control checks, liaising with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as required
- Carry out exception reporting and resolution tracking. Ensuring aged and critical exceptions are resolved within the agreed SLA.
- Develop competence with internal systems and processes
- Support ad hoc data extractions requests from internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain robust processes to ensure data is accurate and meets business needs
- Develop and maintain data aggregations for business information and business development
- Support the transition of the business to new data management systems and tools
- Have the opportunity to take ownership of projects and processes
- Assist with the documentation of processes
- Develop technical expertise and collaboration within the team and across the Investments business
The successful candidate will be expected to work within the existing risk management and audit framework of the team and business, which includes checklists and review processes, branded ‘Excellence’. All team members are encouraged to contribute ideas for process improvements.
Throughout you will benefit from the business’s focus on training and development, including soft-skills, investment knowledge and data expertise.
- Candidates should be a university graduate preferably with specialisation in Finance or Capital markets
- Previous work experience in the asset management industry and preferably in Data Management.
- Excellent understanding of funds, product or instrument data is essential
- Familiarity with trading platforms such as SIMCORP will be an advantage but not essential
- Excellent understanding of Data Management principles on areas of sourcing, cleansing, transformation etc will be advantageous
- Prior experience in working on data migration projects would be advantageous
- Prior experience in project management would be highly desirable but not essential
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools esp Visio, excel, access and SQL (desirable but not essential) etc
Equal opportunity employer