Nine is Australia’s largest locally owned media company with investments spanning television, video on demand, print, digital, and radio. Nine’s assets include the Nine Television Network, video on demand platform 9Now, talkback radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan, and majority investments in Domain and Future Women.
Nine's Data team is seeking a Junior Data Scientist to join them on a full time basis. This role is perfect for someone looking to start their career in Data Science.
Reporting into the Senior Data Scientist this role will see you:
- Translate business questions into analytical requirements and identifies analytical techniques (including machine learning) to deliver business insights and solutions
- Perform data ETL as required to deliver modelling across
- a range of varied/large data sets
- Identify and develop relevant data inputs from both internal and external sources
- Develop data science models using appropriate tools, languages and packages to address the identified objectives according to team coding and modelling standards
- Refine model parameters and validate models to deliver best possible model performance
- Effectively communicate findings and analytical solutions to the team and business using easy to understand terms and language
- Willingness to learn and grow in all skills related to developing and maintaining an in-production data science project
- Collaborate with other experts in the team and across Nine (business, technical and IT) to deliver high quality solutions with leverage team capabilities
- Degree in Mathematics, Science, Statistics and/or Machine Learning
- Starting a career in Data Science
- Ability to decompose and solve complex problems
- Ability in Python and familiar with machine learning modules
- Ability to write SQL and work with relational databases
- Willingness to continue to learn and develop understanding of advanced analytical technologies and approaches
- Machine learning techniques including predictive modelling, time-series analysis, and time-series forecasting
- Strong understanding of statistics, regression and experimental design
- Ability to use visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Plotly)
- Experience with delivering time-series forecast models
- Other applied mathematics (e.g. Optimisation, Linear programming)
- Experience using Spark, Hadoop or other distributed computing frameworks
- Experience with HPE Ezmeral Data Fabric
- Able to work via command line on Ubuntu OS
- Industry experience in Media
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia permanently.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.