Summary:The Data Scientist will report into a Data Analytics department. This department is the primary user of the analytical and data warehouse environments that are maintained by the Data Engineering team. By using a variety of data sources and methods, the data scientist will develop solutions to attribute, predict, and influence outcomes in current and future account holders.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with business to identify opportunities and develop data-driven solutions to improve business outcomes.
- Partner with internal data services team to ensure proper data is captured in analytical environments, establish data pipelines, implement models, and monitor outcomes.
- Partner with Innovation and Digital transformation team to build new digital products and analytic models for assessing the effectiveness of digital solutions to improve user experience.
- Work in Microsoft Azure and SQL Server environments to develop models.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop and experiment with new algorithms and models to maximize long-term member value.
- Leverage data and insights to inform decision making on some of the most critical topics around acquisition, retention, personalization, and product development.
- Creatively synthesize internal data (bank account information, demographic information) with outside data sources to develop meaningful insights.
- Present findings and solutions to various levels of management.
- Stay updated with industry and data science technology trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements:Education and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Knowledge and experience in applying statistical and machine learning methods including regression, classification, clustering, decision trees, and neural networks
- 3-5 years experience in developing, deploying, and managing analytical and machine learning models in a production environment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to design, deploy, monitor, and optimize algorithms and models
- Proven experience in designing and developing machine learning and AI models
- Proficiency in a statistical programming language such as Python or R
- Familiarity and experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Natural sense of curiosity; being able to self-motivate and proactively find unique or actionable insights from data
- Ability to understand business needs and become a leader in enabling data driven business decisions while also having the ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple concurrent projects
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with unstructured and non-relational data stores
- Familiarity with Azure environment (DevOps, ADLS, Data Bricks)
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Data science experience in the banking sector