At Shipt, we are transforming the grocery shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Shipt shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials, then deliver them to your door in as little as one hour.
Data ScienceReports To:
Lead Data EngineerJob Duties
This is a fully-operational role.
- The Data Engineer contributes to write data pipelines in readable code, proactively debug and fix problems in their own code, responsive to code review feedback and internalizes learnings.
- Demonstrates good code and documentation practices and is able to use appropriate tools and packages.
People in this role are expected to communicate respectfully, directly, and collaboratively with stakeholders and business partners.
- Listens actively and formulates helpful and responsive answers to questions.
- Presents and articulates work clearly to teammates and manager.
- Presents ideas in a comprehensive, yet succinct manner.
- Able to produce clear, concise, and error-free materials (reports, charts, etc.) in a logical flow.
- Understands basic and well-scoped problems, and asks clarifying questions as required.
- Able to relate problems to business context and prioritize with guidance based on relevance and impact.
- Proposes frameworks and methodologies with guidance.
People in this role are expected to have a software data engineering background along with demonstrated focus in data modeling and architecture for analysis.
- This role has no direct reports and works within a team composed of senior and staff data engineers.
- People in this role are expected to have a software development background and have an understanding of the data and retail business domains.
- Experience with SQL and tuning in an analytic query environment (e.g. Snowflake) is required.
- Experience in a programming language (Python or R) is required.
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git) is required.
- Familiarity with Streaming / Message Queuing Systems (e.g.Kafka) is required.
- Experience with streaming APIs (e.g. Spark) is a plus.
- Understanding of Engineering best practices (e.g. containerization) is required.
- Able to document processes and ideas and put strong emphasis towards documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a quantitative (STEM) field.
- People in this role tend to have 0-3 years of experience in Data/Software Engineering.
Company benefits for this role include eligibility for annual bonus, Shipt membership, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and paid leave (PTO and new child leave).
CA Pay Range: $113,000-138,200
Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.