Shutterstock is growing by leaps and bounds, and our data is too. We are looking for an ambitious Data Engineering Manager with a passion for big data, the Modern Data Stack [Snowflake, DBT, Monte Carlo, Segment, Looker, etc], data modeling, perfect numbers, and insightful analysis. As the organization evolves, so does its dependence on data - we are looking for a leader to expand how we get data into the hands of decision-makers, analysts, and developers across our multiple businesses. Great candidates will understand the big-picture needs of a publicly-traded international eCommerce business and deliver information with speed, accuracy, and clarity.The Day To Day
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Build, manage and guide a high-performing team of Data and Analytics Engineers with a supportive culture and a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters creativity and open communication
- Lead, and be able to contribute to, the development of end-to-end analytics solutions, including data acquisition, modeling, transformation, reporting, and insights
- Manipulate large datasets quickly and efficiently in both relational and “big” data stores
- Identify opportunities in business processes, system capabilities, and delivery methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Build data models and transformations using DBT
- Build low latency API’s to serve on site audiences
Any of these would be a bonus:
- 2+ years experience as a People Manager directly responsible for leading and developing Analytics/Data/BI Engineers
- 4+ years of hands-on experience as a Data Engineer, Data Modeler, Data Architect, Analytics Engineer, or BI Engineer translating requirements into technical solutions
- Hands-on experience in data warehousing design, tuning, and ETL/ELT process development
- Hands-on experience with DBT or strong proficiency in SQL including Python / Jinja experience
- Strong understanding of data access patterns [including with SQL] and impacts on performance for relational and dimensional models [including columnar formats], including optimizations
- Experience developing software in one of the following languages: Python, Java/Scala (or another JVM language)
- Hands on AWS experience using such items as IAM, DynamoDB, Lambda, etc
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Domain experience in Marketing, CRM, Customer Analytics
- Experience using Looker to build dashboards and model data (LookML)
- Experience with CDP / Reverse ETL (Segment, Hightouch, etc)
- Experience with Cloud Data Warehousing technology such as Snowflake
- You have a direct impact on the success of the company. Your team’s work matters and is essential to the evolution of our core business!
- Executive leadership cares personally. They prioritize growth and planning your career path with your goals and passions in mind
- Flexibility to work between home and office with everything you need to be successful in both
- Extensive and competitive benefits package.
Shutterstock connects diverse artists and creative professionals around the globe with the agencies, brands and people who need their work and services. It’s a place where creators come to be inspired and discover new ways to produce their best work.
Shutterstock enables its employees to drive culture and tap into the world around them to develop the toolbox and solutions that help others share their world views. At Shutterstock, your ideas will be welcomed, your uniqueness will be celebrated, and you will be supported in presenting your view of the world as you experience it. We’re champions of resiliency; quickly learning from our shortcomings in our pursuit of continuous growth. Shutterstock Principles
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.