As a Data Engineer II, you will be working as part of an agile scrum team as an analyst on a new, cutting edge cloud native platform designed to accumulate, derive meaning from, and apply stewardship to, large, diverse datasets. The role will share KPIs and collaborate closely with internal Data Owner teams, Technology Cloud Ops and SRE teams as well as engage directly with external source data providers and partners.
AS PART OF THE DATA OPERATION’S TEAM, YOU WILL:
- Develop logical business rules instructing how to process, validate, transform and derive data using D&B protocols and standards
- Manage the implementation of the rules into production environments, adhering to required data management and governance practices
- Perform data analysis using a variety of database query and visualization tools to identify and understand issues or events
- Provide technical expertise in extracting, integrating, and analyzing critical data
- Technical expertise in developing dynamic reports on Data Analytics output, Coverage, Key Metrics
- Enable decision-making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources to present it in a digestible and actionable format
- Write test case scenarios, prepare test data and perform User Acceptance testing
- Create documentation, reports and dashboards to support the effective management and operation of the platform
- You will have 5+ years of relevant experience within a similar role
- You will have experience working as a member of one or more agile teams and SCRUM methodology
- You will have robust data knowledge preferably around business data sets with proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- You will have strong Data Modelling & Mapping knowledge along with experience in XML & JSON document formats
- You will have knowledge of ETL & Data Processing using Cloud Based Technologies (AWS Preferred)
- You will develop Reports out of any reporting tool or custom reporting with Excel or other to capture metrics, Data Quality, Data Coverage….
- You will have basic coding skills with Python or Java or other is desirable
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate and build cross team relations
- You will have proven ability to drive results and to implement complex, technical, multi-organizational programs
- You will be passionate and curious about data with the ability to query and analyze datasets in order to drive fact- based decisions
- You will have a Degree in Data Science, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Economics, Mathematics or similar
We appreciate you may not meet all listed criteria above, but if you have the passion and eagerness to learn and grow, we want to hear from you!!
All employees and contractors working in D&B should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to the Company’s Business Management System. This relates to information and its security, quality, environment and health and safety both during and post-employment with D&B
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.