We are looking for highly motivated and customer-focused individual to build Advanced Analytics and Data Science capabilities within Presales.
In the context of Digital Transformation, customers are looking at unlocking value from extensive amounts of data generated by business applications, things & social interactions. SAP has the unique ability to partner with customers in this journey with the capabilities of the Data Management Platform powered by SAP HANA. The role of Advanced Analytics Expert and Data Scientist to co-innovate with customers in Asia Pacific & Japan in generating insights through their data using SAP Data Management Platform, architecting target solutions, and creating a roadmap.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
This is a customer facing role & you will support the Market Units in APJ in driving the sales process by architecting big data solutions, creating insights based on large amounts of customer data using Advanced Analytics tools like SAP HANA, SAP Business Technology Platform, SAP Data Intelligence or SAP Analytics Cloud, partly combining industry-relevant ML/AI frameworks and creating a long-term roadmap for the customer
1. Understand the requirements by working with customers or Presales Specialists in the Market Units
2. Work collaboratively to architect and implement data-science solutions, mapping the data processing flow from raw data or data stores, to identifying optimal data analytics approaches, to data visualization and working with users to optimize the user experience
3. Support and coach developers who are involved in the project
4. Presentation of solutions, architecture and roadmap to customers and help the account team to progress the deal
5. Thought leadership on technology and ideation and creation of futuristic applications & reference architectures
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science
- Hands on experience in developing innovative applications using modern technology platforms and cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure, or SAP Cloud Platform
- Programming expertise in Python and or R. Other languages a clear bonus.
- Data modeling in both SQL & NoSQL Databases
- Preferably programming experience in HANA XSA using the various capabilities like graph engine, text search, predictive etc.
- Exposure to machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, scikit-learn)
- Degree in Statistics, applied mathematics or operations research background is preferable
- Very high proficiency in customer communications, presentations and demonstration is required.
- Ability and willingness to undertake customer related travel on short notice.
- Several years of hands-on design, development, deployment in the context of data science projects.