As a Data Scientist you identify, gather, clean and analyse data that can serve to deliver insights, support decision makers and automate business processes. Your main responsibility is to support the company with drawing conclusions from this data to make work more efficient.
One of our key projects is user experience personalisation. Among the questions we ask are: how could we improve a recommendations model to better account for new products that have not been visited a lot? How could we better take into account sudden changes in market conditions? How to balance the exploit vs. explore tradeoff?
Things you'll be working on:
- Proactively initiating projects and ideas to grow data insights;
- Liaise with key stakeholders like the Engineering, Data and Product teams;
- Explore and analyse data in light of a question or for a specific goal;
- Gather and validate data sources to ensure consistency, accuracy and completeness;
- Support and advise the business with ad hoc analytics as well as apply statistical techniques to create insights and discover new business opportunities;
- Develop and improve machine learning models to automatise processes;
- Keep yourself updated on new developments in your field of expertise.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical fields. Advanced degrees preferred;
- Fluency in SQL;
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (e.g., Python);
- Some professional experience in data science;
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (git) and platforms (Github, Bitbucket or similar);
- Good understanding of statistical analysis;
- Ability to initiate and take ownership of projects until completion;
- Experience working with Spark and/or Tensorflow is a plus.
And you are:
- A team player;
- Detail oriented;
- Able to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner;
- Able to connect business challenges with technical solutions.
What you can expect:
- Working in an international company with offices all over Europe;
- Passionate colleagues with a can-do attitude;
- A team with flat hierarchies which is open for ideas;
- Dedicated time for personal development;
- Generous work from home policy;
- A great office in the heart of Berlin or London with free drinks;
- Discount on hotel/travel deals by Secret Escapes;
- A range of evolving shopping discounts through employee benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent, and have policies in place to ensure that every applicant and employee has the best chance to thrive here. We are an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.