For more than 170 years, The Hanover has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE through our values, ESG initiatives and IDE journey.SUMMER INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW:
The Hanover’s Internship Program provides college students with the opportunity to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge, and match your interests to a real job. Through the 10-week summer program (June – mid August), You will:
- Take on meaningful projects and work alongside some of the very best talent in the industry
- Be supported and mentored by a community of exceptional talent (leaders, managers, subject matter experts and recent graduates)
- Participate in a cross-functional team building project focused on corporate philanthropy
- Attend weekly development workshops with your intern peers
- Join in engagement and social activities with other interns
We recruit highly skilled students for potential future full-time employment opportunities, upon graduation. Our Data and Analytics team is seeking exceptional college students for our Summer Internship Program, which provides meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as rewarding career path options.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Provide timely and accurate analytical support to team, ensures results are validated to ensure accuracy
- Participate in the development of innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, using existing information to its fullest potential
- Perform tasks of a mathematical and quantitative nature using established procedures
- Assist in developing tools, processes and analysis in support of business growth and business needs
- Create and present a final presentation for management and leadership members at the close of the internship program highlighting the work you accomplished throughout the summer.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Ability to commit to a full time 10-week internship program
- Ability to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- 0-2 years of professional working experience
- Self-motivated and organized
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understands commonly employed techniques for quantitative analysis
- Able to work independently with guidance and direction as appropriate
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic data engineering, coding and ETL
- Relational Databases RDBMS – Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
- Azure Cloud (Azure Data Factory, SSIS, etc.) would be a plus
- Data Modeling, Data Management, and Documentation .
- Data visualization
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here .