Sr. Data Scientist – WW Digital Experience
Marketing | San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA or Remote - US
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what's right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you'll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicates the value of DocuSign's Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
DocuSign's Worldwide Digital Experience and Engagement Team is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to help us uncover and prioritize opportunities for driving orchestrated customer journeys and business growth. Your analyses will contribute to our strategy in areas such as prospect and customer acquisition and conversion, activation and engagement, retention, and more. You will be a trusted consultant to a team of analysts each covering various digital experience focus areas, while driving and prioritizing your own deeper research and insights. You will be a key member of the Digital Experience Experimentation team as we scale our impact across worldwide marketing (nav, home page, product and content pages), commerce (sign up, checkout, payments), and platform improvements.
You are an exceptional problem-solver with a demonstrated ability to structure and navigate complex problems and processes. You can think strategically while diving deeply into our data to deliver either high-level or detailed, well-structured analysis depending on the business need. You will achieve all this by combining analytical insight, technical proficiency, strong business acumen, and the ability to partner and influence your key stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Senior Director, Analytics, Experimentation, & Business Operations and is designated Flex.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build data science models and analysis to identify opportunities to improve acquisition, engagement, conversion and retention across our worldwide digital customer experiences
- Partner closely with the analysts, product managers, UX/design, engineers and leadership to capture and prioritize potential insights, analysis, and data use cases that will drive maximum business impact
- Partner closely with experimentation team to design, administer, and analyze the results of A/B and multivariate tests
- Leverage data to develop actionable analytical insights & present findings to senior management
- Design, build, and maintain automated dashboards that connect data from internal and external data sources, with visualizations and tools to spot trends, quickly understand performance, and ensure no adverse impact after releases
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data pipelines
- Create models, frameworks, analysis, and insights with stakeholders and business partners
- Act with a sense of urgency and purpose, identify and resolve roadblocks, reach out to cross-functional team members to solicit input and/or assist when appropriate
- MS or PHD in a quantitative field (Statistics, Math, CS, Economics or Finance preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in data science or machine learning with proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems on web-scale data
- 4+ years of experience in a data science role in SaaS/Cloud industry
- Deep proficiency in SQL and Python
- Hands-on experience with all the following:
- Pulling data from external sources using APIs
- Joining data from disparate data systems
- Distilling large data sets into actionable insights that drive business value
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Proficiency with Statistics concepts and analysis, e.g. hypothesis testing, regression, experimental design, etc.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical testing such as A/B, multivariate, and Bayesian testing
- Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills
- Proficiency with Machine Learning techniques, e.g. classification, clustering, regularization, optimization, dimension reduction, etc.
- Knack for communicating data and technical work to non-technical stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of statistics and rigorous analytical technique
- Highly motivated, organized, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated communication, collaboration, and proactive consultation skills
- Proven ability to effectively partner with cross-functional teams
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world's forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.