At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Creating the future of smart mobility requires the highly intelligent use of data, metrics and analytics. That’s where you can make an impact as part of our Global Data Insight & Analytics team. We are the trusted advisers that enable Ford to clearly see business conditions, customer needs and the competitive landscape. With our support, key decision makers can act in meaningful, positive ways. Join us and use your data expertise and analytical skills to drive evidence-based, timely decision making.
Dearborn, MI, United States
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Information Technology or a related field of study
- 2+ years of experience in data mining and analysis using big data platforms
- 3+ years experience transforming complicated data science model outputs into intuitive visualizations
Our preferred requirements:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery
- Established proficiency with data mining leveraging various technologies - SQL, Alteryx, etc.
- Able to influence and collaborate without direct reporting relationships to create mutually helpful outcomes
- Global, cross-functional collaboration and ability to maintain engagement with business partners outside the US
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Data design, data modeling, and facilitation skills; data standards development
- Familiarity with metadata management tools is desirable
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings, and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
What you’ll be able to do:
- Collaborate with resources from Data Operations, business, analytics, and IT to develop common data definitions and data standards for Ford application data and map existing data to those common data definitions and standards
- Develop and implement analytical models to drive decision making for Marketing and Sales customers using transactional and third-party data sources
- Use standardized data to create operational intelligence resulting in timely and accurate information for the enterprise
- Ensure the accuracy, validity, and reusability of meta-data to support a reduction of data redundancy and fragmentation, elimination of unnecessary movement of data, and improvement of data quality
- Develop innovative ways to visualize sophisticated data
- Utilize interactive objects and highlights to add layers of insight, and engage users to explore data
- Balance multiple project assignments with minimal direction, raise issues as necessary to management.
- Interact and supervise support/maintenance for productionized solutions