Do you have an interest in developing systems, software, and processes that will enhance how government agencies and departments work together?
If so, we’d like to speak with you about our Data Engineer(DevOps/AWS) position supporting a new program/customer initiative.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for designing robust ETL framework with proper triggers and data quality checks in place.
- Be responsible for designing and maintaining BI environment with underlying AWS Redshift and Oracle databases.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand the business and analytics needs.
- Support Cloud development pipelines using Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Puppet and other tools as appropriate.
- Script and automate system tasks to reduce manual repetitive work using Terraform, Puppet and other technologies as appropriate.
- Participate in production software deployments working closely with other members of the production support group to ensure the proper transition of system changes into the production environments.
- Perform general technical trouble shooting & give consultation to development teams.
- Create & maintain technical documentation including system diagrams & operational procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems Management or other related engineering field.
- 5 years of experience in data warehouse design and implementation initiatives, knowledge of various data modeling methodologies, relational, dimensional or hybrid.
- 3 years of experience designing and developing enterprise-level ETL processes, Matillion required.
- 3 years of experience writing, optimizing, and validating SQL queries.
- 1 year of experience supporting AWS Redshift production environment.
- A full understanding of the software development life cycle (Agile and Waterfall)
- Ability to independently research and resolve technical problems in a complex IT environment with local and remote groups
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and listening skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.