We are CARIAD, an automotive software company and part of the Volkswagen Group. Our mission is to make the automotive experience safer, more sustainable, more comfortable, more digital, and more fun. Soon, we'll be a team of more than 5,000 software developers and engineers, building the leading tech stack for the automotive industry and creating a unified software platform for over 10 million new vehicles per year.
We’re looking for talented, digital minds like you to help us create code that moves the world. Together with you, we’ll build outstanding digital experiences and products for all Volkswagen Group brands that will transform mobility. Join us as we shape the future of the car and everyone around it.
You will operate within the domain “Vehicle Motion & Energy”. We are the backbone of driving functions and constitute the interface to the automotive mechatronics within the Volkswagen Group. Moreover, we develop energy related functionalities, such as the charging of electric vehicles and the energy management of our cars. Thereby, we enable future innovations and new business models.
In your occupation, you will work in agile teams and contribute to the most important vehicle motion use cases with our passion in machine learning and data analytics. You directly shape the driving and user/customer experience in and around the car and you contribute to the best-in-class driving & energy functions that fascinate our customers.
What You Will Do
- Generation, storage and collection of data for different use cases (e.g. e-vehicle, gearbox, power electronics)
- Collect and provide the data for colleagues to perform time series data analysis
- Use requirement for a cloud computing platform to improve the data collection
- Programming in Jypyter/Zeppelin and use of cloud services
- Coordination of stakeholder to support test and release plannings
- Assessment and evaluation of analytics results by using metrics and statistical tools
Who You Are
- Successfully completed degree in mathematics, computer science, electronics or other studies
- Expertise in IT infrastructure and cloud computing (cloud foundation services, service integration, CI/CD pipelines)
- Experience in using several big data processing services as AWS and Azure (also EMR and Databricks)
- Experience in using preprocessing and analytic functions and some experience in analytic engines (Spark, Airflow, time series DB)
- Profound knowledge in cost effective and rule based data management (data economist)
- Expertise with different file formats as json, xml and parquet
- Knowledge in vehicle motion (e-vehicle, gearbox, power electronics) with further knowledge in bus technology and control devices is a plus
NICE TO KNOW
- Remote / mobile work
- Company pension plan
- Annual professional development