Azure Data Engineer
Join this exciting new project as an Azure Data Engineer! CGI is looking for an Azure Data Engineer to join the team in Lafayette, LA.! With your required expertise in developing and deploying application on MS Azure Databricks, you will work with a high-performing team to implement a Cloud Modernization Project. You will support and interact with the client daily in an Agile way of working. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be self-motivated to drive solutions and proactively create (in sufficient detail) the documentation required to support and describe technical solutions. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge of Azure-based ETL. You will work with cloud architects to establish pipelines and develop spark code using Databricks platform. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI's and our client's success.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- The data engineer will be responsible for development, deployment, maintenance, diagnostics and support of spark ETL jobs on the MS Databricks platform.
- Will streamline code, rationalize datasets and tables to arrive at single source of truth
- Will build detailed architecture diagrams for all workflows and processes
jobs, cron, ESP etc.
- Excellent communication skills
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 3 years of hands on experience with cloud automation and scripting in an Azure environment.
- Experience in development of apache Spark code using PySpark/Scala
- Experience in using Azure Databricks Platform
- Experience in using Azure Data Factory to call Azure Databricks notebook activities
- Experience in using Azure Storage (Blob/Data Lake Store), Databricks Delta
- Experience in using Git based repositories
- Good fundamental knowledge about distributed computing, RDBMS and Dimensional modeling concepts
- Exposure to Azure DevOps
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
#doubledownBuild your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.