Actuarial Data Analyst
Career Level 2
Singapore , Singapore
We are seeking an experienced actuarial resource (part qualified) to take a leading role in our regional Data Team (covering the Middle East, Africa and the Asia Pacific region).
Located in Singapore and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role has two key components:
- working closely with the Business Lead and IT Team the incumbent will support the company’s regional data warehouse projects, providing input into requirements gathering exercises and being actively involved in user acceptance testing
- the incumbent will use the organisation's system architecture to transform portfolio data made available to the organisation by its clients into a standardised and enriched format for down-stream consumption.
In this function, you will:
- take responsibility for data quality in the region and for the robust processing of data
- support junior members of the Data Team in expanding their actuarial, systems and insurance knowledge
- liaise with local offices throughout the region, as and when necessary
- provide actuarial and business input to the IT Team during requirement-gathering exercises
- use actuarial and systems knowledge to assess proposed IT solutions
- support the user acceptance testing of system changes
- support the change management function in relation to data systems and processes
- work with other members of the Data Team to analyse the available data and to develop dashboards and reports, communicating relevant insights to senior management.
To perform this function, you should be a part-qualified actuary:
- with 3 to 5 years of experience in life insurance / reinsurance
- with a thorough understanding of life insurance principles and of the products in the region
- with technical computing skills (including knowledge of SQL-based intake systems and databases)
- with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- with excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) in English.
Find out Who we are, What we do, Our Strategy and How we can Support & Reward you.
Our business model is based on the combination of primary insurance and reinsurance under one roof. We take on risks worldwide of every type and complexity, and our experience, financial strength, efficiency and first-class service make us the first choice for all matters relating to risk. Our client relationships are built on trust and cooperation. If you would be interested in helping shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
At Munich Re, we embrace, and value, the interaction of diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and thought. This interaction is our foundation. Of our open culture and spirit of partnership. Of how our teams are built and cultivated. Of how we are supported and developed. And at the centre of this interaction is each of us.