Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat provides the best internet experience while in motion! With unrivaled capacity that lets everyone on board do more, Viasat pushes the boundaries of what’s possible across the entire air, land and sea travel journey with connectivity that has the capacity to give passengers and crew more: More performance. More reliability. More personalization. More of everything great in-flight internet is supposed to be...Join us on our journey to connect the world!
Drive your Engineering future with us. At Viasat you’ll work with top technical talent who are always striving to stay ahead of the curve. With opportunities to work on a mixture of technologies and projects you’ll be involved in calling the shots on the next great opportunity. Won’t you join our dynamic company where engineers lead the way?
In this position, you will focus on:
- Design and build analytic tools and processes to enable businesses
- Create and present visualizations to effectively convey information
- Evaluate and define metrics to improve business performance
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams working on data to automate and scale our business processes
- 3+ years of data engineering experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Developing, deploying and managing ETL pipelines in highly available production environments.
- Familiarity with geospatial analysis and geospatial data visualization
- Experience with Hadoop, map/reduce, Spark, Kafka, Impala, or other big data technologies
- Strong familiarity with RDBMS technologies (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Understanding of distributed and parallel computing architectures
- Experience with modern DevOps tool chains, including Ansible
- You must be diligent and proactive, show excellent business judgment and critical thinking, along with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a congenial, fast-paced team environment
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, or related field
Additionally, you should have familiarity and working knowledge of:
- Familiarity with AWS development standard methodologies and tool sets
- Familiarity with Machine Learning tools and techniques
- Familiarity with Linux environment and common tools
- Familiarity with any scripting language (Python, Ruby, BASH, etc)
- Familiarity with several languages, including Python, Java, Scala, C/C++
- Have built highly-available, API-driven web services (Node.js, Angular.js, d3)
- Full stack development
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.