Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work as the senior member of a team that builds data pipelines and production models crafted by the analytics team. You will partner with collaborators in understanding data, and using the data to build data marts that help our partners at the advanced analytics team to build models, while ensuring consistency to Manulife’s IT security and Risk guidelines.Responsibilities
What motivates you?
- Gain deep understanding of data by collaborating with business; demonstrate the understanding to design, curate and publish connected data sets that enables users to self-serve data.
- Propose technology improvements or come up with innovative solutions to solve business problems.
- Collaborate with Architecture, security and risk teams and implement latest guidelines.
- Automate infrastructure provisioning and deployment using tools such as terraform.
- Implement CI/CD pipelines that enables automated code deployment.
- Participate in Agile sprints and ceremonies; supports rapid iteration and development
- Take lead in inventorying critical data elements and lineage.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships and further collaboration with various teams and partners withing the organization.
What We Are Looking For
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
Nice To Haves
- 5 + years of previous data engineering experience, with 1+ years of experience working in enabling azure related data technologies
- Excellent knowledge of Python, Spark, and T-SQL
- Good understanding of data modeling and ability to apply different techniques within a cloud platform
- Knowledge of Azure networking – Subnets, private endpoints, firewalls etc.
- Knowledge of Jenkins – using pipelines for deployment
- Knowledge of implementing azure technologies and networking via terraform
What can we offer you?
- Strong knowledge of Azure Databricks, ADF, ADLS. Azure ML
Our commitment to you
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
- Values-first culture: We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity: We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation: We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship: We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About John Hancock And Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.