Data Engineer required for a contract role within a large NSW Government Agency.
- 12 Month Contract
- Daily Rate: $735.20 - $850.00 + super
- Immediate Starts
- Location: Inner West Office & WFH
The Role: Our client within the NSW Government are looking for savvy Data Engineers with a background in software engineering to join their Learning Experience Project Teams. The core focus of the team is to ensure a digital system is in place so that teachers can save time while creating personalised learning for students.
- You will be involved in the development of data services to facilitate the implementation of a specialised content management system, and a data architecture to provide interoperability with Learning Management Systems and Learning Object Repositories.
- The Data Technician will be responsible for analysing current data services and working with cross functional teams to design and build new enterprise grade data platforms.
- You will be challenged to solve complex computer science problems making learning standards machine readable and understandable through the design of common metadata standards, frameworks and vocabularies.
- This position will demand critical thinking skills, working in an agile environment and having the ability to quickly understand existing systems and build contacts with key stakeholders.
Essential Criteria & Experience:
- Having worked with Data Warehousing solutions and real-time cloud based big data platforms.
- Solid experience working in DevOps environments, ideally with AWS or Azure.
- Hands-on experience developing RESTful web services implementing authorisation and authentication procedures.
- Proficiency in data analysis, semantic modelling, knowledge and ontology engineering.
- Proven experience working with standard query languages for the Semantic Web and Linked Open Data, eg SPARQL, GraphQL and common data formats, eg JSON, XML, Turtle, JSON-LD, RDF/XML, etc.
- Experience with RDF Triplestores, eg GraphDB, RDF4J, Virtuoso, Apache Jena, etc.
- Experience with building data integration solutions and data pipelines.
- Solid experience with Cloud computing.
- Hands on experience with SQL, Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Prepared to participate in business requirements gathering sessions and document technical specifications.
If interested please apply today via the link with your updated resume in a Word Document to Claire Sheerin at The Recruitment Company