We are M&G Global Services Private Limited
(formerly known as 10FA India Private Limited, and prior to that Prudential Global Services Private Limited). We are a fully owned subsidiary of the M&G plc group of companies, operating as a Global Capability Centre providing a range of value adding services to the Group since 2003. The company has rapidly transformed itself into a powerhouse of capability that is playing an important role in M&G plc’s ambition to be the best loved and most successful savings and investments company in the world.
Our diversified service offerings extending from Digital Services (Digital Engineering, AI, Advanced Analytics, RPA, and BI & Insights), Business Transformation, Management Consulting & Strategy, Finance, Actuarial, Quants, Research, Information Technology, Customer Service, Risk & Compliance and Audit provide our people with exciting career growth opportunities.
The GAM Platform team are seeking an individual who can help migrate and decommissioned an old on-premise platform to an established Azure hosted development environment incorporating DevOps. This individual will play a key role in building, reconciling and migrating data between these two systems.
The successful candidate will have both strong technical expertise, data modelling experience and a self starter attitude.
The successful candidate will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of business analysts, developers and testers. A delivery lead supports the team in organising the work in sprints and hosting ceremonies.
Key Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- Deliver building blocks within the agreed timelines
- Take pride in delivering robust, well design work (including testing own building blocks)
- Ensure understanding of the project priorities
- Contribute actively in design session and problem solving
- Actively support other team members where problems arise
- Work within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Make suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Build and maintain strong relationships with all members of the team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (KEY):
- Good software engineering skills paired with expertise in some of the following programming languages: C#, Java, Python, or equivalent
- Good experience working with data including SQL
- Is able to investigate application issues by using logging information (e.g. telemetry and Application Insights)
- Follows best coding practices using SOLID principles, design patterns and other industry standards
- Proactive self-starter who can manage their own workload and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time
- Experience working in an agile environment and good understanding of integrating testing withing the SDLC
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally, within a project team
- Ability to identify problems and have the drive to follow them through to resolution
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and work efficiently to project deadlines
- Ability to use data tools (e.g. SQL, Excel, PowerBI) to gain data insights (i.e. data reconciliation)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (DESIRABLE):
- Experience in Data Warehouse modelling (STAR, 3N, ERD)
- Experience of using Azure Cloud and Devops
- Exposure to data visualisation tools - Power BI or equivalent
- Has experience with REST APIs and Microservices and API management on Apigee
- A good understanding of DevOps principles and experience in building CI/CD pipelines
- Has Azure experience on PaaS services such as Function App, Data Factory,
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY:
- Graduate in any discipline
3 + years of experience in a core engineering role in the cloud
We live by four behaviours at M&G Global Services
and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things