All posting locations
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America Job Function
16 - Digital Date Published
16-Aug-2023 Ref #
R-73166 Base Salary Range
$110,200.00 - $137,800.00 Target Total Cash Range
$148,770.00 - $186,030.00 Target Total Cash
Target total cash represents this role's annualized cash earning potential at target (base salary + target bonus). Target total cash is contingent on targeted company performance achievement and individual attainment of performance goals. Therefore, target total cash is not guaranteed earnings. In addition to base salary and bonus, this role is eligible for additional compensation in the form of equity. Compensation Disclaimer
The compensation offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.Requirements
Description & Requirements
Staff Data Scientist - Supply Chain
We're one of the world's largest food and beverage companies and a trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, nutritious foods. Daily we earn a spot on 97% of American tables, and as guardians of beloved brands and creators of innovative products, we're dedicated To Make Life Delicious for our consumers.
Today, Kraft Heinz is building a new legacy by investing in a robust Digital infrastructure to revolutionize the food industry. We're embracing Agile ways of working and immersing ourselves in Advanced Analytics to connect meaningful insights to our consumer experiences - all while honoring a 150-year heritage and a portfolio of 200 iconic brands. Every day, we gather huge amounts of data into a robust data infrastructure. Now, we are on a mission to transform that data into Digital products that inform our decisions and drive tangible impact. Our tech stack includes Python, Azure, Snowflake and ReactJS.
As a Staff Data Scientist, you will be a technical leader on one of our agile, cross-functional teams – disrupting from inside of a global powerhouse. You will help build our next generation of advanced analytics products using AI and Machine Learning. In the Supply Chain Pod, you will be applying Machine Learning and traditional optimization techniques to supply chain operations problems like dynamic routing (Traveling Salesman Problem) and proactively highlighting risks to customer delivery expectations with tools like SHAP for model explainability. You will also help to level up the team in terms of deployment best practices and mentor junior staff on things like version control and advanced modeling techniques. We are seeking a highly skilled Staff Data Scientist to join our dynamic team and play a crucial role in enhancing the efficiency and reliability of our supply chain.Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets to identify risk factors and potential delivery delays for shipments.
- Develop predictive models and algorithms to assess the risk to shipments but also develop optimization algorithms for enhanced routing and carrier selection.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate data from multiple sources, including historical shipment data, weather forecasts, traffic data, and transit times, into a centralized data analytics platform.
- Utilize Python programming expertise to design and implement data processing pipelines, feature engineering, and model training for risk assessment algorithms.
- Conduct rigorous data analysis and data visualization to present insights to supply chain managers and executive stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain real-time monitoring systems to track shipment progress and trigger alerts for high-risk scenarios during transit.
- Proactively identify and propose preemptive mitigation measures to minimize delivery delays and optimize the supply chain process.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in data science, machine learning, and supply chain analytics to contribute to continuous improvement and innovation in our delivery optimization strategies.
- Create repeatable, interpretable, dynamic, scalable models at the heart of new statistical products.
- Engineer new features and test various modeling approaches by using your domain expertise to develop industry-leading analytical products.
- Develop production-grade code and collaborate with ML Operations teams to deploy solutions to production.
- Evangelize the value of data-driven decision-making.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field.
- Proven track record of 4+ years of experience as a Data Scientist, preferably in the CPG or logistics industry.
- Strong expertise in Python programming for data manipulation, modeling, and analysis.
- Proficiency in machine learning techniques, statistical analysis, and data visualization tools.
- Experience in optimization algorithms like particle swarm and the traveling salesman problem.
- Knowledge of supply chain management, transportation logistics, and related industry concepts is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills to convey complex findings and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
Join us as a Staff Data Scientist and play a crucial role in driving the success of Kraft Heinz by revolutionizing our supply chain operations. Be part of a collaborative team that embraces data-driven decision-making and creates a positive impact on the company’s bottom line. Apply your Python expertise and analytical skills to shape the future of our delivery optimization strategies and ensure the timely and reliable delivery of our products to customers and retailers.About Us
Kraft Heinz is a global food company with a delicious heritage. With iconic and emerging food and beverage brands around the world, we deliver the best taste, fun and quality to every meal table we touch. We’re on a mission to disrupt not only our own business, but the global food industry. A consumer obsession and unexpected partnerships fuel our progress as we drive innovation across every part of our company.
Around the world, our people are connected by a culture of ownership, agility and endless curiosity. We also believe in being good humans, who are working to improve our company, communities, and planet. We’re proud of where we’ve been – and even more thrilled about where we’re headed – as we nourish the world and lead the future of food.Why Us
We grow our people to grow our business. We champion great people who bring ambition, curiosity, and high performance to the table as the guardians of our beloved and nostalgic brands. Good isn't good enough. We choose greatness every day by challenging the ordinary and making bold decisions. All while celebrating our wins - and our failures – as we work together to lead the future of food.
Challenging the status quo takes talent. We invest in your purpose and potential by developing skills and nurturing strengths that leave a legacy on our business and a lasting impact on your career. Because great people make great companies, and we’re growing something great here at Kraft Heinz. Office Collaboration & Hybrid Work Environment
We believe our office environment fuels our collaboration, connection & community as an organization and allows our employees to grow toward greatness. We also believe providing a more flexible and agile model is essential in today’s workplace. A majority of our office-based employees will be able to work remotely for up to two days each week. Additionally, employees who are subject to this hybrid model will be eligible to work from anywhere for up to six weeks in a rolling 12-month period (in maximum two-week increments and according to benefits and tax guidelines). Some jobs may be required to be performed fully in office depending on the role’s responsibilities and requirements.