This role is responsible for performing business and system analysis tasks through interpreting business needs (functional and non-functional) and transforming these into a set of technical requirements that specify data and analytics solutions, which will be developed by the Africa Operating Unit Technical team. The data analyst is required to identify and interpret data sources that are required to meet business needs. Technical requirements are specified through a Source to Target mapping artefact and documented in a Functional Requirement specification to be utilized by the technical team in development efforts. The data analyst will also be periodically required to design technical wireframes for analytics solutions and to develop final solutions in “front-end” applications (PowerBI dashboards and OLAP cubes primarily).
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
Investigate and perform business and system analysis, determine business system requirements and identify alternatives.
Identify suitable data sources for the specified business need utilizing internal data repositories and external sources (bottler data, macro-economic data, consumer data, shopper data etc.)
Understand, analyze and interpret source data required for the technical solution that will enable the business need.
Translate business requirements to a level of detail appropriate for implementation using user-stories with acceptable criteria, process diagrams, data models, business rules and mock-ups.
Translate business requirements into detailed technical requirements in the form of a Source to Target map and Functional Requirements Specification that will effectively assist technical developers to develop data and analytics solutions.
Assist in the design and development of data and analytics visualization solutions (dashboards, OLAP cubes, reports, data dumps) utilizing PowerBI and SSAS.
Assist in the design and sign-off of quality assurance test cases for the Technical development of data and analytics solutions ( User-acceptance testing, integration testing, regression testing)
Assist in the documentation of data management solutions (data models, meta-data, master data and data quality solutions).
- Degree or related qualification in an analytic field of study (e.g. Bsc Computer science, Bcom Informatics, Bsc (Engineering) or similar).
- Technical certification (e.g. Microsoft stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL), CDMP) will be advantageous but is not a requirement.
Related Work Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in either MIS, BI or Data and Analytics related fields as a Business or Data analyst.
Nice to have:
- Coca-Cola system knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of the soft drink industry.
- General FMCG experience.
- Prior experience working in multiple markets.
- Effective internal and external communications.
- Business and system analysis.
- OLAP cube (preferably SSAS).
- Basic data modelling (conceptual, logical, physical and normalization).
- Entity Relationship Diagrams.
- Understanding of data management methodologies and frameworks (basic).
- Understanding of data and analytics architecture and frameworks (basic including cloud).
- Understanding of data integration concepts and frameworks (basic including cloud).
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts – dimensional modelling and entity relationship modelling (basic).
- Advanced Excel Skills (Power Pivot, Excel Formulae, Macros and VBA).
- Conceptual knowledge of and experience of working in an Agile project methodology.
- Source to Target mapping.
Dimensional Modeling; Data Quality; Data Analysis; Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD); Entity Relationship Modelling; Data Warehousing (DW); Structured Query Language (SQL); Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS); Requirements Specification; Data Integration; OLAP Cubes; Functional Requirement Specifications; Data Modeling
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.