Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is one of 12 regional reserve banks in the United States. These banks, along with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the nation's central bank, which is dedicated to fostering a sound economy and stable financial system. When you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you'll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we're building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our data analytics team that provides modern data/analytics solutions to departments in the Bank. You will work with our core analytics team of Data Scientists, Business Intelligence Analysts and Data Engineers to provide advanced analytics solutions that transform data into meaningful insights and help us with data-driven decisions.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will evaluate and enhance data solutions ensuring seamless delivery of data. You will be responsible for collection, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing large sets of data across different domains for analytics. You will design and develop advanced data pipelines (data ingestion and ETL processes) that are scalable, repeatable and secure for partner needs. You will be reporting to the Software Engineering Manager. The complexity of work is considered advanced and operates under minimal supervision and has no direct reports.
- Build data architecture in collaboration with Architects to support data strategy
- Help create the data management strategies to support data/analytics efforts for different partners
- Design logical data models and implement database structures to support delivery of data related products
- Construct and implement operational data stores and data marts
- Provide operational support for data products and analytical models by being a trusted advisor to Data Scientists and other data consumers
- Develop real-time and batch ETL data processes aligned with business needs (on-premises and in the Cloud)
- Document data flow diagrams, security access, data quality and data availability across all business systems
- Help translate business need to design and develop tools, metrics and dashboards for insight and data visualization
Your Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of direct work-related experience
Your Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of database design and architecture
- Experience with data warehousing and ETL tools while working with different datasets
- Experience with scripting language such as Python, R
- Experience with data related tools and services in AWS Cloud such as DMS, RedShift, RDS, Glue, etc.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools, pipelines for automated build and deployments
- Experience with business intelligence/data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI, a plus
- Demonstrate advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate independent and critical thinking and decision-making abilities as well as have strong written and oral communication abilities
- Possess strong teamwork skills and the ability to build and work collaboratively within and across work teams
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time and projects effectively by adjusting quickly to new and different priorities
Comprehensive benefits package include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off, transit benefit, onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career
All Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and receive a booster shot within 30 days of being eligible to do so, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank's ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
right to modify the elements of this job description, as business needs require.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.