Nexxiot AG from Zurich, Switzerland, is a driver of the digital logistics of tomorrow. The company’s goal is to enable a five percent reduction in global CO2 emissions by increasing cargo transport efficiency and eliminating waste caused by empty runs and inefficient routes. To achieve this, the company empowers its customers to leverage the power of their data with cutting-edge technology. Therefore, Nexxiot provides an integrated solution to track, find and protect cargo from over 160 countries around the globe and across 450 network roaming partners to ensure trust, security, and efficiency. Data from more than 4 billion travelled kilometers is stored in Nexxiot’s dedicated logistics cloud. Employees from over 19 countries contribute to the success of the company. In addition to its headquarters in Switzerland, Nexxiot operates in Germany, the USA and is pursuing a global growth strategy. For more information, visit www.nexxiot.com
We are looking for a Data Engineer / Architect who will work on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, deploying, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across Nexiot.
- Selecting and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities.
- Implementing ETL processes.
- Monitoring performance and advising necessary infrastructure and architectural changes.
- Defining data retention policies.
Who you are:
- You like to solve data problems and further develop them into production grade systems.
- You have a profound knowledge in the area of data processing and data infrastructure.
- You are analytically smart. You are comfortable with data and can use it to make decisions.
- You are business smart. You see direct line from technical expertise to produce excellence to business success and understand the value of all three.
- At least 4 years of practical experience as software engineer in the area of big-data processing preferably with a strong AWS background.
- Considerable experience with Big Data Machine Learning toolkits, such as AWS Elastic Map Reduce, Mahout, SparkML.
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Amazon Kinesis, Kafka Stream processing, Storm or Spark-Streaming.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as DynamoDB, HBase, Cassandra.
- Experience with AWS public cloud and container-based systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Considerable programming experience in Python and Java.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
Tools and Technologies:
You have experience with, respectively you are interested in learning and improving your skills on the following technologies and tools:
- Data infrastructure technologies with focus on AWS based solutions (S3, DynamoDB, RedShift, Hadoop, …).
- Machine Learning technologies and services with focus on AWS based solutions (SageMaker, Jupyter Notebook, …)
- Analytics technologies and services with focus on AWS based solutions (Athena, DataPipeline, Elastic Map Reduce, …)
- DynamoDB, PostgreSQL and PostGIS respectively GIS
- Stream processing with Apache Kafka
- Docker, Kubernetes • Unix Shell (Bash), Python, Java and Kotlin.
- JIRA, Git, GitLab, Bitbucket, Confluence, Slack
This role is designed to be based in Zurich. Our recruitment team is looking forward to receiving your CV via our career portal.
Nexxiot is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and is an important driver of our success and culture.