As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity!
As a Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for developing new intelligence around our core products through applied research. You’ll work closely with our top engineering and research teams to identify and work on next generation products and functions to drive innovation and industry disruption. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who is passionate about building and deploying mathematical models for challenging problems and is excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, You will:
Use expert proficiency and experience in statistics and machine learning methodology to apply to real world business problems.
- Work with Product Owners to define the KPIs for machine learning projects
- Use expert proficiency and experience in statistics and machine learning methodology to apply to real world business problems.
- Effectively prepare analytic results using strong communication and presentation skills to convey relevant insights to high level executive or non-technical audiences. Be adept at translating the meaning and significance of the insights.
- Work within the constraints of time, budget and resources capacities to align with GAIA vision
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships with product, business and engineering teams to effectively serve our customer needs. Influence senior leadership teams on the value propositions and generate new product ideas.
- Self-starter with a passion and curiosity for solving unstructured mathematical problems
- Be active in the data science community internally and externally - sharing knowledge and expertise and bringing in new ideas to create innovative solutions. Contribute to Ericsson’s Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
- Mentor and guide junior members in the team
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Outstanding quantitative background PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Physics or other technical field preferred. Experience in Reinforcement Learning or Graph Neural Networks is a plus.
- Strong understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical concepts.
- 7 + years of professional experience in research, data science or engineering around build and shipping machine learning or statistical models.
- Demonstrated track record of starting and leading interdisciplinary research and engineering projects.
- Strong communication skills and values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners as well as the ability to explain sophisticated topics in straightforward terms.
- Extensive experience coding and building solutions using Python.
- Extensive experience with statistical packages such as spaCy, scikit-learn, etc.
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with fast prototyping
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to create an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || [[mfield2]]