Do work that matters
- You are determined to stay ahead of the latest data technologies and developments
- We're one of the largest and most advanced Data Engineering teams in the country
- Together we can build state-of-the-art data solutions that power seamless experiences for millions of customers
As an experienced data engineer with proven expertise in software development and a passion for providing data-driven solutions, you’re ahead of trends and work at the forefront of Big Data, ML, Decisioning, Visualisation and Data warehouse technologies.
Which is why we’re the perfect fit for you. Here, you’ll be part of a team of engineers going above and beyond to improve the standard of digital banking. Using the latest tech to solve our customers’ most complex data-centric problems.
To us, data is everything. It is what powers our cutting-edge features and it’s the reason we can provide seamless experiences for millions of customers from app to branch.See yourself in our team
We’re responsible for CommBank’s key analytics capabilities and work to create world-leading capabilities for analytics, information management and decisioning.
You will be part of a Data Engineering chapter, reporting to a Chapter Lead and contributing to the overall engineering practice improvement. You will also be part of a business-focused crew, operating in agile squads and partnering with both technical and business stakeholders to design, develop, implement and maintain innovative solutions.We’re Interested In Hearing From People Who
- Possess curious mind and think outside the box, capable of breaking boundaries to solve complex data problems
- Are passionate about building industry leading group data products across different platforms and technologies
- Are ready to execute state-of-the-art coding practices, driving high quality outcomes to solve core business objectives and minimise risks
- Are excited to join us on our transformational journey by influencing engineering roadmaps and strategies
- Are interested in working in large data-centric environments and platforms
- Are experienced in design and development of data pipelines
- Can successfully operate in agile environment
We use a broad range of tools, languages, and frameworks. We don’t expect you to know them all but experience or exposure with some of these (or equivalents) will set you up for success in this team;
Working with us:
- Solid experience in Software Engineering (coding) using Scala, Java or Python.
- Proven experience as Teradata Engineer / Developer, with experience in advance data processing like TCF (Teradata Control Framework) or GCFR (Teradata Global Control Framework); and Teradata Multi-Load or FastLoad tools.
- Experience in Teradata BTEQ utility and have used advanced SQL scripting to run DDL, DML and macros and stored procedures.
- Shell script programming experience in Unix or Linux environment.
- Should have strong skills in Teradata performance tuning; creating stored procedures and macros; and running Teradata utilities.
- Experience in using data model concepts like Data Vaults, Enterprise Data Models.
- Experience in using ETL tools like DataStage, Informatica is desirable.
- Experience in using CI/CD tools like GitHub, TeamCity, Jenkins is desirable.
Whether you’re passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career with CommBank is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive, and flexible workplace with flexible work locations. One where we’re driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you’ll thrive. You’ll be supported when faced with challenges and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We’re hiring engineers from across all of Australia, you’ll be empowered to do your best work and be given the choice on when and where that work happens. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 06/10/2022