Overview:Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career where
your skills and passion for delivering quality care make
a positive difference to the individuals that we serve.ABOUT METROCARE:
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 57,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The Senior SQL Developer designs, develops, maintains, and continuously refines data and reporting solutions for the organization. This position is responsible for ETL processes, data warehouses, cubes, dashboards, and model deployment. The Senior SQL Developer stays up-to-date on the latest technology and implements proof-of-concepts to stay ahead of the technology demands of internal customers. They develop technology road maps and maintain system and tool documentation.
Responsibilities:ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases, Hive, Spark or other big data tools.
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong background in Data Validation, Data Quality, Data Testing Experience in ETL Tools like DataStage, Informatica and different RDBMS like Oracle, DB2, SQL etc.
- Exposure to Bigdata Technologies will be a big plus Relational SQL and NoSQL databases
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, excellent communication and presentation skills.
Qualifications:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, TRAINING, REGISTRATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent quantitative field experience required. 7+ years of experience in a reporting and analytics role.
- Experience working with and extracting values from large, disconnected and or unstructured datasets.
- Any Database Certification a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. Due to the multi-site responsibilities of this position the incumbent must be able to carry equipment and supplies (up to 15 pounds). The position requires standing and/or walking in excess of 7 hours a day.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment describe here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level may vary between low and mild.
- The work environment should not be unusually hot or cold.
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Many other benefitsEqual Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerTobacco Free Facilities - Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters