We are looking for Data Scientist Level II (Operational Analytics) for the Data and Operational Excellence Team:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Gather and analyze information, design and code data processes, build reports, dashboards and data visualizations; formulate and test hypotheses, contribute to the development and communication of recommendations and help the leadership make informed business decisions for assigned projects; Managing the coding and/or extraction of data to conduct thorough analysis.
- Ability to understand the business insight through data analysis and other analytics.
- Identify key trends and data characteristics within the data sets that require further investigation; and using analysis to generate business recommendations (e.g., to improve profitability, to find more customers).
- Document logic and data definitions for a non-technical audience. Facility with displaying complex data in a simple, easily understood way.
- Participate in continuous process improvement initiatives
- Ensure close collaboration with the rest of the team as well other stakeholders
Proactively pursues professional development activities (e.g., learning new tools, techniques)
Performs internal trainings, process documents, knowledge sharing etc.
Total of 3 to 6 years’ experience with at least 2 years’ experience working on data visualizations and dashboard creation as part of analytical reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Post Graduate degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field.
- Must know SQL. Python knowledge is good to have.
- Must know data visualization platforms (Tableau, Power BI etc.)
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Background in statistical methodologies (hypothesis testing).
Essential Skills and Traits
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong data visualization and visual presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail with an eye for accuracy and consistency of presentation.
- Highly motivated, organized; proactive self-starter and a team player.
- Ability to work with local as well as remote and vendor team members.
- Takes ownership and makes the required judgements whenever necessary.
- Enjoys learning and building competencies in new tools and statistical techniques whenever required.
- Enjoys working in a fun, innovative, demanding and dynamic environment.
- Good understanding of the challenges in translation of business needs to analytical and machine learning solutions and algorithms.
- Comfortable in explaining and defending his/her ideas and analysis, while still able to recognize the merits of others’ opinions.
- Demonstrating commitment and results-oriented attitude.
- Obsessed by quality and passionate about his/her work.