The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising. Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100 times the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at an unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, ownership, empathy, and collaboration. We value the unique experiences and perspectives that each person brings to The Trade Desk, and we are committed to fostering inclusive spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a dynamic, globally-connected team where your contributions will make a meaningful difference in building a better media ecosystem? Come and see why Fortune magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among the best small-medium-sized workplaces globally.About the Role
Who We Are Looking For:
- Our Data Engineering Software Engineers are end-to-end owners. You will participate actively in all aspects of designing, building, and delivering data products for our clients.
- You will work with petabyte-scale data challenges, large-scale distributed systems coordinating thousands of servers in cloud and physical data centers around the world, machine learning, and advanced visualizations – to name a few.
- You will work with data processing pipelines, ML pipelines, data processing automation, data governance, data visualization, data quality, data privacy, data warehousing.
- Our Software Engineers work with a variety of platforms and technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab, Bamboo, AWS, Azure, Scala, Spark, SQL Server, and Vertica.
What We Care About:
- You understand engineering and computer science fundamentals. At our scale, many off-the-shelf techniques and existing technologies (open source and enterprise) simply don't work. You are able to work from first principles to evaluate solutions and adapt them to a unique environment.
- You are passionate about data engineering. You'll work at petabyte-scale with SQL, ETL, data modeling, and technologies similar to Spark, Scala, C#, Java, etc..
- You are a creative thinker, not bound by the way things have always been done. What you know is less important than how well you learn and innovate. We don't need engineers who know all the answers; we need engineers who can invent the answers no one has thought of yet, to the questions yet to be asked.
What and how you can contribute is what’s important to us. Our consideration is not limited by the kind of education you have or the specific technologies you have experience with. Variety of technical challenge is one of the best things about working at The Trade Desk as an engineer, but we do not expect you to know every technology we use when you start. What we care about is that you can learn quickly and solve complex problems using the best tools for the job.
Our culture runs much deeper than just having fun together (though, we do that well too...) – the people we want on our team are trust-builders, generous givers, scrappy problem solvers, and gritty pursuers of excellence.
Does this sound like you? If so, we welcome your application and the chance to meet you.Our Compensation And Benefits (for Colorado Residents Only)
- Base Compensation Range: $95,800 - $191,600
In accordance with Colorado law, the range provided is The Trade Desk’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. The Trade Desk also offers a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.REQ-3317