Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Reporting to the Manager, BI & Data Analytics, the Data Analyst is a key contributor to create data driven solutions to deliver business insights and enable better decisions to drive growth. The successful candidate will have an inquisitive mindset with strong analytical and problem solving skills. They will have a drive to learn and master new technologies and have the ability to leverage information assets to support business goals and strategies. Finally, they will also have demonstrated ability to translate analytics insights into clear recommendations to support business goals and strategies. Responsibilities:
- Work with various teams across Eastlink to identify and integrate new data sources to address business needs
- Explore various sources of information to uncover business opportunities and customer insights through statistical analysis
- Present findings, conclusions and recommendations in a clear and understandable way
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or a relevant discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a data analyst or similar role
- Proficiency in Python (NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, and scikit learn)
- Advanced SQL skills Strong background in statistics and data analytics
- Experience in data storytelling
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Microsoft Power BI and or Tableau is considered an asset
- Experience with Alteryx is considered an asset
Employees who work from home are occasionally required to attend in-person meetings in the workplace. To maintain the health and safety of our teams, the successful candidate must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon hire, subject to Federal Human rights law.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!