The Cyber & Intelligence platform Data Science team is responsible for cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning product development on Mastercard’s network and decision platform. Our goal is to provide customers with innovative security solutions and best user experience using scalable cognitive solutions.
You will join a team of Data Scientists to work on Smart Authentication products with an emphasis on data engineering tasks. We are pursuing a highly motivated individual with strong problem solving skills to take on the challenge of structuring and engineering data and cutting-edge A.I. model development processes and technologies.
As a senior data engineer you will:
- Develop and maintain the ETL flow using authentication and authorization data using scripting languages such as Python, Spark, SQL, etc.
- Implement and support reporting and analytics infrastructure for business partners.
- Provide structured, quality data for downstream enrichment and modeling, and recommend ways to improve data quality and efficiency
- Work with data scientists, business partners and software development teams to gather and document requirements for data publishing and data consumption via data warehouse and analytics solutions.
All About You
- Bachelor's degree in CS, CE, IS, EE, or related field. Masters preferred.
- Experience with one or more query languages (e.g. SQL), cloud computing programming (e.g. Pyspark), and scripting languages (e.g. Python) to build data solutions.
- Experience in distributed system concepts from a data storage and compute perspective (Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, Oracle, Impala, Hive, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Linux / Bash environment
- Good communication skills
- Highly skilled problem solver
Nice to have:
- Experience building enterprise-scale data warehouse and data lake solutions end-to-end
- Experience in cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, etc)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.