We are looking for a Data Analyst
who has a strong customer orientation and professional approach to work. A professional eager to work in Data Analytics topics with passion for understanding and support our stakeholders according to their needs. As person, you are analytical and have a genuine interest to grow together with the team.
This is us, your colleagues:
‘Data’ is a new function within Volvo Digital & IT with the goal to unlock the power of data for the whole Volvo Group to become a fully data-driven company! With data, the core component of our transformation journey, we will, together with our data talents, make the Volvo Group 2030 vision happen. We will take care of all the aspects of Data, how it is quality assured, documented, made available, prepared and consumed through BI, Analytics and Machine Learning. We have an ambitious transformation in front of us, with an implementation of the Data Layer in Azure as well as the reinforcement of Data Governance and Data Management in the full Group.
The ‘Data’ function is a large multi-cultural organization with 600+ employees and contractors located mainly in 7 countries - Sweden, Poland, India, Belgium, Brazil, USA, and France. In this role you will be joining the Data Analyst Chapter team in Sweden.
We collaborate with other parts of the organization, both in Volvo Digital and IT, with Truck Divisions, Business Areas and Group Functions. We foster an environment where ideas, thoughts and opinions can be shared. We are team players with clear common ambitions, and we win together.
Are you the one?
- Supporting demands coming from different areas with data analysis
- Access, manipulate, query, and analyze data using different software, tools and techniques.(SQL, Python, DataBricks)
- Be part of the data modeling process (design and implementation) as well as in the definition of business rules that will ensure data consistency and quality.
- Prepare ETLs
- Collaborate closely with other Data Analysts, Data engineers, Data Architects and Data Scientists during the implementation and deployment of the advance analytics solution.
- Transform business stakeholder questions/issues/needs into clear and unambiguous technical specifications.
- Being an expert providing ways of working and ensure best practices both for development team and business users
- Become a Data expert on business domain knowledge, to draw conclusions and to provide answers to business stakeholders questions.
- Be an active member of the Data Analyst Chapter, sharing knowledge and best practices with your peers.
- Drive workshops with the business stakeholders to understand their business context and to collect their needs.
- Pre-process, clean and structure data to facilitate data exploration and advanced analytics/Machine Learning activities
- During the project acceptance phase, to test advance analytics solutions to validate its quality
- Learn and use modern data preparation, data exploration and data visualization tools and techniques.
- Work in cross functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- Benefit from dedicated trainings to maintain and develop your Data Analyst skills.
What you can expect?
- You have a master’s degree or equivalent in IT.
- You are experienced in SQL, Python and ETL data processing tools
- You are experienced in Azure Data Analytics Stack (Storage accounts, Databricks, Azure Data Factory, SQL Server, SQL Data base, etc) is a plus
- You are experienced in designing and developing BI dashboards, datasets and dataflows (Power BI, Qlik)
- Writing SQL and doing data modelling are natural activities for you (experiencce in PowerDesigner is a plus
- Experience in Informatica is a plus
- You are an experienced Data Analyst looking for new challenges in the transport industry.
- You are proactive problem solver with innovative thinking with a strong sense of teamwork.
- You are experienced working on data manipulation and data modeling.
- You have experience working in an international environment.
- You have demonstrated a growth and learning mindset.
- You have excellent communication skills in English (C1 level).
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Remote work opportunities, employment contract and flexible working hours
- Work life balance: we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work
- Career & Development: partnership with professionals, identified career paths including global opportunities
- Unlimited access to learning including Azure academy, Pluralsight and many more
- Health & safety: we offer private healthcare
- Volvo League: We run team games in various sport
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who We Are And What We Believe In
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic self to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying to this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
Group Digital & IT
is the hub for digital development within the Volvo Group. Imagine working with cutting-edge technology in a global team, represented in more than 30 countries. We are dedicated to leading the way for tomorrow's transport solutions, guided by a strong customer mindset and high curiosity, both as individuals and as a team. Here you will thrive in your career in an environment where your voice is heard and your ideas are important.
Auto req ID
Group Digital & IT
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date