Sport SingaporeJob no.:
Contract, Full-time, Permanent/ContractLocation:
Others, Research and Analysis, Statistics
Data Analyst – Data Hub, Strategic Communications & Insights
Work Type: Contract/Full Time Position
At Sport Singapore, we aspire to transform the nation through an active lifestyle designed around innovative, fun and meaningful sporting experiences.
Sport has the unique ability to bring people together through play, regardless of age, gender, race, ability or social status. It imparts life values, nurtures character and builds resilience. It inspires and evokes the Singapore spirit through shared experiences and strengthens our national identity. We help Singaporeans Live Better Through Sport.
Sport Singapore is constantly on the lookout for individuals who are passionate about what they do.
Anchored in our values of Passion for Sport, Strength through Teamwork and Care for People, we believe in working and playing, not just as a team, but as a family.
You will be reporting to the Team Lead of Data Hub, and part of the Strategic Communications & Insights Team, Strategy Group.
You will be assisting the Team Lead in driving data analytics capability within SportSG and will be working with the existing consultants and business units to identify opportunities that will enhance strategy effectiveness, operational excellence and service delivery of SportSG
In addition, you will be part of the team to;
- Work on large, complex datasets and apply advanced analytical methods to solve non-routine analysis problems
- Process, cleanse and verify the integrity of data collected for analysis
- Analyse and assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources e.g. datasets received from stakeholders, and annotation/ labelling of new training inputs
- Apply data mining techniques, perform statistical analysis and build prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale
- Support Data Hub office in the establishment of horizontal enablers, the data warehousing and governance
- Enhance data collection procedures to include data for building analytic models relevant for SportSG Development
- Design and develop data models to allow analysis across multiple structured and unstructured datasets
- Drive collaborations with industry stakeholders for cross data-sharing and joint analytics/research
- Support the implementation of SportSG’s Data Strategy and Transformation plan and projects, eg. the establishment of horizontal enablers, the data warehousing and governance
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who value integrity, teamwork and take pride in going the extra mile to provide excellent service to stakeholders and the community. This individual should be a sport advocate through living an active lifestyle and staying active.
In addition, an ideal candidate should possess the following;
- Background in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistic or Economics or its equivalent. Graduates of other disciplines with relevant experience are welcome to apply.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Possess working experience solving analytical problems, including expertise in statistical data analysis such as linear models, regression, multivariate analysis, stochastic models and sampling methods
- Working experience for structured and unstructured datasets is essential
- Strong communication skills with proven track record in collaborating with business stakeholders independently both within and outside of the organisation
- Proficient in statistical software (e.g. SPSS, SAS), visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau) or statistical programming tools (e.g. R, Python)
- Working experience in machine learning techniques, Artificial Intelligence Framework ecosystems, database languages (e.g. SQL, Java) or ETL would be an advantage.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The level of offer will commensurate with applicants’ experience and track records. Successful candidates will be offered a 2/3- year contract in the first instance.