Compare The Market Australia is the market leader in online comparison of insurance, utilities, and finance products in Australia. We have an extremely rich and interesting repository of data from across a wide variety of products, verticals, and business units, making analysis fun and problems relatable.
As a data scientist, you will join our rapidly growing data team, consisting of data scientists and analysts, engineers and architects, and headed by the Chief Data Officer. Combined with the positive culture, support from the business, and wide range of high impact projects available, you should find CTM a wonderful place to work and an excellent place to apply your data skills.
- Work on projects across the business, initially focused on marketing and customer related functions.
- Execute data science projects end-to-end, including both the business and technical aspects.
- Work independently whilst effectively utilising your colleagues’ knowledge, skills, and experience when needed.
- Comfortable utilising the wide variety of analytical tools in your toolkit, including experimental design, statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, machine learning techniques, and data visualisation.
- Bias for high quality and attention to detail, whilst respecting the Pareto principle and need to deliver with efficiency.
- Interpret analysis and modelling results in a business context and provide commercially focused recommendations to support business decisions.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- The types of projects you may be working on include:
- Customer lifetime value and KPI development
- Experimental design and execution, hypothesis testing, causal inference
- Marketing channel optimisation
- Deep-dive analysis
- Customer segmentation/clustering
- Retention and churn modelling
- Time-series analysis and forecasting
- Product recommendation
- A wide variety of predictive modelling
- Customer life-stage analysis
- Lead scoring (propensity modelling)
- Data enhancement.
- Reporting to the senior data scientist.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong quantitative and statistical analysis skills, including supervised and unsupervised learning, experimental design, exploratory data analysis, and visualisation
- Experience developing and delivering end-to-end data science projects
- Excellent SQL and data manipulation skills, with a good understanding of databases and data structures
- Proficient in R or Python for data science purposes
- Expertise with spreadsheets when needed
- Experienced using Git or other version control tools
- Business elicitation, solutions development, and stakeholder management experience
- Communication and presentation skills to audiences of varying technical literacy
- Friendliness and a desire to work in and contribute to a healthy and effective team environment
- Experience performing customer and marketing focused data science projects
- Familiarity and experience with Google data stack (BigQuery, Google Analytics, etc)
- Experience optimising marketing channels
- Proven ability to design, conduct, and report on experiments
- AWS or other cloud computing stacks
Who are Compare the Market:
We are the group that brought handsome meerkats to Australia! Since launching in Australia in 2012, Compare the Market has become one of Australia’s most loved comparison websites. Inspired by our meerkat owner Aleksandr Orlov we love to help Australians save money.
Join a culture of hard-working Sergei’s, proud Aleksandr’s and a couple cheeky Oleg’s working towards helping Australians make quick and easy purchase decisions about a number of important insurance, financial and household products; from insurance and energy to credit cards and home loans. We make it Simples!
- City fringe location - close to public transport and street parking;
- Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
- Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
- Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
- Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance;
- Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
- Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
Compare the Market welcome and value diversity in the workplace.
*A note from Compare the Market to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Compare the Market is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.