Come, join our team in Europe as a Senior Biomedical Data Scientist - Health & Life Sciences Intelligence, and be part of our exciting growth. We are a focused Intelligence Practice within Cognizant’s Digital Business & Technology organization. We support Cognizant engagements across clients in the Life Sciences and Healthcare industry verticals.
What will you do ?
We are looking for enthusiastic Senior Biomedical Data Scientists with 4+ years of relevant industry experience in designing, building, and deploying AI and machine learning models within Health & Life Sciences environment, who have an eagerness to learn and deliver large complex data insights and AI transformation programs across Europe. As a Senior Biomedical Data Scientist, you will be well versed in understanding business and operational challenges along with theoretical domain insights, and implementing them as a working code. Your work will range from Biomedical Data Science and Discovery projects to designing and delivering AI and Insights solutions in an Agile environment
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Apply mathematical concepts to answer research, clinical, and real-world challenges by using disparate available datasets; both structured and unstructured
- Use data science tools and techniques to prototype and develop statistical / machine learning models to solve business and operational problems
- Communicate results and hypothesis to key decision makers; both business and technical audiences
- Running multiple analytical experiments; analyzing, interpreting and translating results into business narratives
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders relevant to the achieving of business objectives
- Experimenting with new age Data Science tools, technology and platforms
- Work in joint multi skilled internal teams to develop joint ‘Go To Market’ propositions
- Lead specialist experienced in managing multidisciplinary teams
- Experienced in clients’ engagement and project / product ownership
What experience are we looking for ?
- Academic background in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Biomedical Engineering, Computational Biology, or related computational field with experience in at least 3 of the following domains: Genetics, Omics, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Drug Discovery, Clinical Research, Medical Diagnostics and Imaging, Health Outcome Research, or Epidemiology
- Experienced in understanding scientific challenges and theoretical insights in research, clinical, and real-world domain within Health & Life Sciences, and implementing them as a working code
- Experienced in integrating and analyzing multi-modal biomedical datasets, e.g. electronic medical records, physiological time series data, medical images (X-ray, CT, MRI, PET), genomic data, biomarker data, digital data, outcomes data, prescription, claims, clinical free text, etc.
- Experienced in working with omics, biomarker, disease, pathogen, and compound databases
- Hands-on experience with FAIR data principles and standards such as HL7 FHIR or OMOP CDM
- Proficient in working across the Data Science spectrum; problem identification, business understanding, ETL, EDA, visualization, feature engineering, modeling, deployment, monitoring
- Proficient in machine learning, data mining, and statistical methods with experience in deep learning, NLP/NLG, and computer vision techniques, leveraging complex unstructured data
- Hands-on experience on various machine learning tools, libraries and development platforms, e.g. Python, R, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, AutoML, Azure ML Studio, Sagemaker, Databricks
- Ability to design, develop, optimize and scale decision-support systems using predictive models
- Exposure to federated learning and working with large data sets on distributed computing tools
- Understanding of ML model life cycle management and automation, e.g. MLOps and AutoML
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jul 16 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.