At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Biotech Data Scientist
The Biotech Data Scientist applies fundamental statistics and data science to processes in the Biotech organization, thereby generating the maximum value out of the data that is generated in the organization. Through these activities, process understanding is improved and more informed, data driven decision making is enabled, supporting the development and manufacturing of products across Bayer’s Biotech organization.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Biotech Data Scientist, are to:
- Collaborate with partners across the Biotech organization to turn data into critical information and knowledge for improved process understanding to facilitate data driven decisions making;
- Query large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources, cleans and validates the data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity for analysis;
- Perform advanced statistical analyses and data mining using state of the art methods, and develop mathematical models to simulate bio-manufacturing processes or cellular functions and behavior;
- Develop stories and visualizations to effectively communicate complex analysis in clear, precise and actionable manner and work with data engineering teams to industrialize respective data science products;
- Provide technical assessments based on data analysis and process knowledge, document findings and communicate to help partners understand and interpret results and recommendations;
- The primary location for this role will be Berkeley, CA. Relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
- Visa sponsorship may be offered for this role.
Who You Are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Scientific discipline;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement complex technical solutions with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to think creatively, take initiative, and learn new technical topics and develop new technical skills quickly;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex concepts and data insights through the right medium;
- Demonstrated proficiency one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, R, and/or MATLAB;
- Demonstrated experience with respective programming tools such as gitlab, Jupyter, KNIME, and/or SIMCA;
- Strong background in fundamental, descriptive and inferential statistics and multivariate data analysis (MVDA);
- Experience with advanced analytical methods & techniques such as machine learning.
- One of the following:
- PhD in Engineering or Science with 0-2 years of experience, OR
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Science with 2-4 years of relevant experience, OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual and proficiency with German and English language;
- Experience in biological process development or manufacturing sciences environment with the use of design of experiments (DoE) and statistical data analysis.
Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $110,800 to $166,200. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc. If selected for this role, the offer may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES:
Bayer expects its colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer colleagues are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.
United States : California : Berkeley