There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
United States (US) - Illinois - East Moline
Data & Analytics (CA)
Data Engineer - 92626
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
As a Data Engineer
for Harvester Seeding Group
located in East Moline
, you will:
- Lead in identifying and prioritizing actionable insights for manufacturing and quality through a deep understanding of manufacturing data and analytic techniques.
- Collaborate with a team of analytics professionals to design, build, and continuously improve meaningful factory-based analytics.
- Acquires and connects data attributes to be used to develop analytic products (using Machine Learning methods).
- Innovates and experiments with new data processing and transformation methods to enable the analytics development process.
- Transforms data in alignment with data science needs and governance parameters and provides recommendations and testing for production environments.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT Available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 1-2 years experience of advanced data gathering and analysis techniques, including statistical analysis or equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience with tools used for data management or data warehousing.
- 1-2 years - Proficiency with programming for data analysis, ideally Python, SQL, R, or SAS (High).
- 1-2 years - Experience with analytics/bigdata platforms and/or technologies (e.g. AWS, DataBricks, Spark).
- 1-2 years - Experience in data visualization tools or application development (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, R Shiny).
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience working in a manufacturing related function (Operations, Manufacturing or Quality Engineering, Factory Automation, or Robotics).
- Experience managing large data migration or data transformation projects.
- Experience with machine learning models and/or supporting infastructure.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent).
- Degree in a Math discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent).
- Statistics - University Degree (4 years or equivalent).
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Database, Manufacturing Engineer, Quality Engineer, Application Developer, Data Warehouse, Technology, Engineering