The Data Scientist I, assists in using data in multiple formats to translate analytical insights into understandable business stories that are used solve complex business problems.This position is embedded with a team of data engineers, analysts, and administrators and participates and assists the Enterprise and Data Analytics team with the design, development, and implementation of methodologies and systems based on advanced analytic models to transform structured and unstructured data into meaningful and actionable information insights that drive decision making.
- Applies statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, anomaly detection, etc.
- Applies machine learning methods such as decision trees, topic modeling, neural networks/deep learning, natural language processing, etc.
- Designs, trains on, uses, and deploys machine learning model.
- Identifies key insights, simplifies data, crafts compelling data visualizations, communicates pertinent data points and complex concepts clearly, and tells the data story through custom built BI reports and dashboards.
- Conducts end-to-end analyses, including requirement specifications, data gathering, data processing, analysis, and effective communication of findings, key insights, and recommendations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, or related field.
- From three months to one year of similar or related professional experience in a data science role.
- Fundamental knowledge of data science methodologies.Familiarity with machine learning techniques (regression, classification, clustering, optimization, etc.).
- Knowledge of utilizing Python for data analysis, deep learning, and machine learning.Knowledge of packages such as pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, PyTorch, and TensorFlow, etc.
- Knowledge in connecting to various data sources, importing data, cleansing, transforming, and redefining data for data analytic needs.Basic understanding of relational databases and SQL Server desired.
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Basic knowledge of data visualization technologies (e.g., Python Matplotlib, R Shiny, Power BI, Tableau, Domo, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of source control systems (e.g., Azure DevOps, TFS, Git, etc.).
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of relational databases a plus.
Skills & Abilities:
The ideal candidate will be self-directed and self-motivated, have strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Must have problem recognition, solving and resolution, and be multi-task oriented. Strong oral and written communications skills are required.A mindset for Innovation.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio), Python or R, Microsoft SQL Server, data visualization technologies.Microsoft Cloud technologies including Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake Storage, Synapse, and SQL.SCM systems Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Azure DevOps.
Base Pay/Salary: $30.00 - $43.00 an hour
The hourly rate range that we expect to pay for this position is $33.00 - $43.00. Actual base pay within this range will be determined by several components, including but not limited to, relevant experience, internal equity, skills, qualifications, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Your privacy is very important to Mission Federal Credit Union. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires Mission Federal Credit Union to inform California residents, including job applicants, of the categories of personal information we collect and the purpose for which the personal information will be used. This job applicant notice
and the COVID-19 notice
provides the disclosures required by the CCPA and applies to applicants who are subject to the CCPA.
Mission Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law.